Question "No internet" on ethernet/no valid ip config: is my motherboard bricked?

Simayy

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Hello!
I've been experiencing problems starting half a year ago with my motherboard. Some starting issues, which were gone for the most part after switching RAM, and also issues with internet. I have a certain cable, which is connected to my modem, and this cable allows for half a gigabit, if I connect it with my laptop. However, sticking the cable into the ethernet port on the back of my desktop, shows a "No internet"-error message in Windows. WiFi (through an adapter) is working as usual. I've also tested the connection on my desktop through Linux, and it also would not connect. Because of this, I expect the fault is at my motherboard (Asus Maximus VIII Ranger). Please, I am very interested in anyone's opinion on this!
PS yes I have tried tons of netsh etc commands in threads I found on google, to no avail. /:

Ralston18

Titan
On your desktop:

Are you sure that the wireless network adapter is disabled and only the wired network adapter is enabled?

Have you tried downloading the wired network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure.

Simayy

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
On your desktop:

Are you sure that the wireless network adapter is disabled and only the wired network adapter is enabled?

Have you tried downloading the wired network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure.
Thanks a lot for your reply, I will try this when I get home.