No internet on startup

Qwertyfish01

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
So for some reason my motherboard does not have built in wifi, it only has really really good ethernet (And what do you know, a house built in 2012 does not have ANY ethernet jacks) so I bought this cheap little Belkin Wireless Adapter. But there is one issue, and that is when I wake up my computer or start it up, I get the message "No internet, secured" on my wifi network. I have to disconnect and reconnect and it's fiddly so it takes about 10 tries. Is there a fix?
I ran Windows Resource Protection and it did not find any violations, if it helps.

Solution
no, hibernation usually does that to those little nice adapters, i have a tplink nano adapter and does something similar, even under linux, sometimes i have to unplug it once, but mine doesn't do that 10 times

that sounds like you are plugging it on a usb 3 port or on a usb hub with other usb devices? perhaps in a usb port in the front of your pc case?

the driver, what exact model of belkin is?

have you tried to connect it on the back of the case and use a usb cable extension?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
no, hibernation usually does that to those little nice adapters, i have a tplink nano adapter and does something similar, even under linux, sometimes i have to unplug it once, but mine doesn't do that 10 times

that sounds like you are plugging it on a usb 3 port or on a usb hub with other usb devices? perhaps in a usb port in the front of your pc case?

the driver, what exact model of belkin is?

have you tried to connect it on the back of the case and use a usb cable extension?

Solution

Qwertyfish01

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
The only ports on my motherboard are USB 3.0 and 3.1 and if I have it in the front it looks ugly.
However when the AT&T guy came to replace my router, he gave me a new one that works better, however is measurably slower, which I can live with until I get a proper networking card.