Question No internet when connecting TP-link ax1500 router via lan cable to Oppo 5G CPE T1a

Jul 5, 2024
Hi,

I am using Oppo 5G CPE T1a for internet access. Everything works fine when I connect to the CPE wifi.

I am trying to connect my tplink ax1500 wireless router to this CPE theough the LAN cable so I can manage wifi connections better. But there seems to have an issue.

When I connect CPE and router, it shows internet connected in router control panel, and also detects in the CPE control panel.but when I connect to the wifi on tplink router, there is no internet.

Am I doing something wrong, could someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I am using Oppo 5G CPE T1a for internet access. Everything works fine when I connect to the CPE wifi.

I am trying to connect my tplink ax1500 wireless router to this CPE theough the LAN cable so I can manage wifi connections better. But there seems to have an issue.

When I connect CPE and router, it shows internet connected in router control panel, and also detects in the CPE control panel.but when I connect to the wifi on tplink router, there is no internet.

Am I doing something wrong, could someone please help?

Thanks in advance.
Does a wired connection to the TPLink have internet access ?

You technically have 2 routers. The OPPO device acts as a router. The manual seems to be hard to find but that appears to be a wifi6 router. Hard to say but it appears to pretty much be the same as your tplink at least as far as wifi support is. Why do yuo feel you need the tplink

If it is some easier configuration thing then maybe the tplink might give you some benefit.

So you have 2 basic options. If it just you want different wifi I would run the tplink as a AP. This will just use the wifi part of the tplink. The other is to run in router mode.

When you run in router mode you are best off running the ISP router as only a modem/bridge mode. Since I can't find the manual it is hard to say if you can do that.

You should be able to just run router behind router and pretend the ISP router does not exist. Most times this just works. What I suspect the problem is both routers are using the same range of IP addresses. The TPLINK router will not allow the wan ip (which it gets from the OPPO) to be in the same range as the LAN network on the tplink. You have to change it on one of the devices. Since I can't find the manual this may not be the issue but should be easy to check on the tplink and see what it gets for a wan IP

Jul 5, 2024
You technically have 2 routers. The OPPO device acts as a router. The manual seems to be hard to find but that appears to be a wifi6 router. Hard to say but it appears to pretty much be the same as your tplink at least as far as wifi support is. Why do yuo feel you need the tplink

If it is some easier configuration thing then maybe the tplink might give you some benefit.

So you have 2 basic options. If it just you want different wifi I would run the tplink as a AP. This will just use the wifi part of the tplink. The other is to run in router mode.

When you run in router mode you are best off running the ISP router as only a modem/bridge mode. Since I can't find the manual it is hard to say if you can do that.

You should be able to just run router behind router and pretend the ISP router does not exist. Most times this just works. What I suspect the problem is both routers are using the same range of IP addresses. The TPLINK router will not allow the wan ip (which it gets from the OPPO) to be in the same range as the LAN network on the tplink. You have to change it on one of the devices. Since I can't find the manual this may not be the issue but should be easy to check on the tplink and see what it gets for a wan IP
Thanks. Initially tplink had a different IP range 192.168.1.1. Then I changed it to AP mode, and also changed the IP to 192.168.0.2 to be in the same series of the Oppo router (initially tplink IP was 192.168.1.1).

Now the internet works fine through wifi, but any device connected through tplink's LAN doesn't work.

Additionally, Oppo has a LAN and WAN/LAN ports. When I directly connect an Android TV or hikvision CCTV DVR to any of these ports, internet doesn't work at all. But when I connect the tplink to Oppo via LAN cable, any device connected to the tplink through wifi has internet (but not though LAN).

I guess the issue here is on the LAN side. But I am not sure what additional configuration I need to do there.

Also, an interesting finding: as mentioned earlier, when I connect the tplink to another 4G CPE device, everything works fine, including the Hikvision CCTV thru LAN. And then once it started working, I simply disconnected TPlink's LAN cable from the 4G CPE, and plugged it on to the Oppo, and everything remains working fine until I restart the wifi.

Jul 5, 2024
If wired connection has no issues, then the basic router is working.
Are you connecting to a LAN or WAN port on the TP Link ?
If a LAN port, have you disabled the DHCP server on the TP-Link ?
I have connected to the tplink LAN port. Also disabled the DHCP on tplink. Devices connected to tplink over wifi has internet. But devices such as hikvision DVR that is connected through a LAN cable to this router doesn't get internet.
In Hikvision control panel, it shows device is online, but doesn't work. Is there anything to do with IPv6?

kanewolf

Titan
I have connected to the tplink LAN port. Also disabled the DHCP on tplink. Devices connected to tplink over wifi has internet. But devices such as hikvision DVR that is connected through a LAN cable to this router doesn't get internet.
In Hikvision control panel, it shows device is online, but doesn't work. Is there anything to do with IPv6?
I don't know if IPv6 is related. Are you using IPv6 on other devices?

Jul 5, 2024
I don't know if IPv6 is related. Are you using IPv6 on other devices?
No, but the only additional field that populates on hikvision dvr when connecting through the 5G CPE router is this IPv6. It doesn't appear when I connect the router to the 4G router.

On the 4G router, everything works fine.

Screenshot-2024-07-12-at-7-24-45-PM.png

kanewolf

Titan
No, but the only additional field that populates on hikvision dvr when connecting through the 5G CPE router is this IPv6. It doesn't appear when I connect the router to the 4G router.

On the 4G router, everything works fine.

Screenshot-2024-07-12-at-7-24-45-PM.png
That is a function of the DHCP server You would have to see if the Oppo router has the option to disable IPv6 on the LAN.

Jul 5, 2024
That is a function of the DHCP server You would have to see if the Oppo router has the option to disable IPv6 on the LAN.
Nope, I checked it and there is no option to disable IPv6 in Oppo router. Unlike tplink it has very limited settings available.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

So was this the situation? Did you check client's IP & gateway?

Since you said you also have a 4G router, is it on the same network and being turned on
and it's DHCP also running? That might conflict with OPPO CPE router.

TK1riU9.png

But later you said:

Initially tplink had a different IP range 192.168.1.1. Then I changed it to AP mode, and also changed the IP to 192.168.0.2 to be in the same series of the Oppo router (initially tplink IP was 192.168.1.1).

Now the internet works fine through wifi, but any device connected through tplink's LAN doesn't work.

So which is true?

Last edited: