[SOLVED] No more video output.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Ok, so I've exhausted my usual troubleshooting options.

Tried bread boarding.

Tried a different PSU.

Haven't done anything with CMOS yet for reasons of not wanting to risk not being able to boot into BIOS permanently (an issue I had only once before but has made me wary of doing it again ever since)

So if there's any other options out there to try I'm all ears. Otherwise CMOS would be my last hope for this system.

Was working fine as per usual with my systems until trying to boot today.

No video. I literally get everything else though, system fans, RGB. AiO pump and fans, and even the GPU spins up.

But no post.

System specs are in my signature.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well what do you know..... all I did was remove stick from B2 (leaving A2 in) and now it boots. never did that before.

Just tried second stick and that one doesn't work.

So it's RAM after all, but only one stick.

So this for sure means I need to just get new RAM.

But 8GB is totally usable for the time being until I get paid.

Thanks for the help.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No probs. Glad it appears only a ram matter and not something more serious. Might be the crook stick is temperamental giving you the run around.

Keep us posted when ya get around to getting another set.

Ps. Those so called pc technicians at the pc store 🙄

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ah, I see. yeah, honestly if I have to fiddle around with no stock voltages and frequencies to try and get some RAM that is dying to work, I won't do that.

I would rather just buy upgrade.

I was meaning for the longest time to buy some upgrade RAM that had higher speeds, better dies, and looked nicer and now this is the reason to do so.

also, found some Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz for $75 local used market.
Seems legit enough. I asked the guy some questions about the RAM and why they were selling and they said they upgraded to some Corsair that worked better with their system, I am assuming either aesthetics, QVL for overclocking, or both maybe.
The model number for the RAM is F4-3000C#D-16GTZR (Couldn't see in the pic well enough what the CAS latency was cuz it was a little blurry, but doesn't really matter)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
yeah. I'm not too worried about that with Intel, nor am I worried about speeds, But the cheapest Trident Z RGB kit online new is $95 USD for 3000MHZ CAS 16 so I'd say $75 is a good deal.

While I could get just any old 16GB kit online for less, and even RGB RAM, I really like the Trident Z, and since I'm being forced to replace my RAM, might as well go for what I want.

Reactions: boju