News No New Hardware at WWDC, but Minor MacOS Ups

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
No surprise that Apple did not announce the M1 successor. That's a sure way to kill off current sales of their existing M1 product line.

The universal control sounds like a pretty cool feature but no game changers really. I chuckled when Craig was trying to gloss Safari. Safari is plain crap on a Mac. My preferred browser on my Mac is MS Edge.

Jun 4, 2021
No surprise that Apple did not announce the M1 successor. That's a sure way to kill off current sales of their existing M1 product line.

The universal control sounds like a pretty cool feature but no game changers really. I chuckled when Craig was trying to gloss Safari. Safari is plain crap on a Mac. My preferred browser on my Mac is MS Edge.

M1 line is only entry level . no Apple fan I know bought any hardware with it. however , ALL of them are waiting for the M1X with 12 cores (8+4) and more RAM (32GB) and 256 EU GPU.

Sippincider

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
Including the ability to control an iMac, iPad and iPhone all with your MacBook's keyboard and touchpad (or vice versa, presumably).

Oh boy! Who's going to line up outside Apple Stores because they can now control their iPhones with MacBook keyboards!!
...?
...?
...?
Thought so. Painful to read, and a fringe feature I'd expect from something much lower key.

Zarax

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
Oh boy! Who's going to line up outside Apple Stores because they can now control their iPhones with MacBook keyboards!!
...?
...?
...?
Thought so. Painful to read, and a fringe feature I'd expect from something much lower key.

It makes sense if you think of Apple as a fashion company who happens to make electronic devices.

Reactions: gargoylenest