Question No operating system found due to active partition.

Nomv

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
I'm trying to replace my hdd with a nvme ssd, I went on computer management --> disk management, and then messing around with the setting. I ended up setting both hdd and ssd with active partition and now when I reboot my pc, it kept saying "no operating system found" regardless whether or not I selected ssd or hdd as my boot drive.

Prior to that, I did cloned my sdd with hdd content (it was not fully cloned, so I'm not sure if it missing window operating system).

Any help would be appreciate.

regardless whether or not I selected ssd or hdd as my boot drive.
How exactly are you choosing this?
Do you have a boot menu (F12) so that each drive gets listed separately?
booting directly into your old drive should boot into windows normally,the no operating system tells you that it's passing the boot block (making the disk primary) but can't find windows.
So my guess is that you always boot from the new drive,probably because the nvme slot is number one in the boot list for drives.

Nomv

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
How exactly are you choosing this?
Do you have a boot menu (F12) so that each drive gets listed separately?
booting directly into your old drive should boot into windows normally,the no operating system tells you that it's passing the boot block (making the disk primary) but can't find windows.
So my guess is that you always boot from the new drive,probably because the nvme slot is number one in the boot list for drives.

I pressed F11 to choose which drive to boost on my BIOS.
I solved this problem by installing window 10 installer on my USB, go to BIOS, boot with that USB drive, and then put it in my SSD, removed the USB, go back to BIOS, boot with my ssd, then restart.