[SOLVED] No option to enable iGPU in Maximus XIII Hero

Andy Yu

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I am currently trying to use iGPU for quicksync and offload some work off my 3080, but I can't find any option under advanced in bios.

CPU: Intel i9 10850k
Cooler: EKWB 360 Elite AIO
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB DDR4 3600 CL18
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XIII Hero (Z590) Bios version: 0704
GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 Strix OC
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 850W

Solution
If he wants the IGP for QuickSync, a safe bet would be video transcoding/encoding with something that only supports QuickSync unless he's using NVEnc too already. In the case of a streamer, I could imagine wanting to use both to encode a relatively low bitrate live-stream and a higher quality local recording of every individual input for review and post-editing.
I was able to activate integrated graphics by disconnecting 3080 and boot up the system first to enable it, close it and plug my 3080 back in.

InvalidError

Titan
what work cant your 3080 handle?
If he wants the IGP for QuickSync, a safe bet would be video transcoding/encoding with something that only supports QuickSync unless he's using NVEnc too already. In the case of a streamer, I could imagine wanting to use both to encode a relatively low bitrate live-stream and a higher quality local recording of every individual input for review and post-editing.

Andy Yu

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I was able to activate integrated graphics by disconnecting 3080 and boot up the system first to enable it, close it and plug my 3080 back in.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS