No OS files found in disk.

Kenpilot

Honorable
Jun 4, 2017
I have a Dell laptop, running windows 7. It won't start up now all of a sudden. It says Root Cause Found No OS files found on disk. Repair action: Partition table repair. Result: failed. Error code=0x490.
I've tried starting it in safe mode and it says " windows is loading files" and then goes to the blue screen with flowers and then nothing happens. Just my cursor and that screen. Same thing happens when I try Last known good configuration. Any ideas?

Kenpilot

Honorable
Jun 4, 2017
I don't have any windows installation media with me at the moment unfortunately. I guess I'll have to wait until this weekend when I can get it. Anything else I can try before then or maybe download to a flash drive and boot from it?

Kenpilot

Honorable
Jun 4, 2017
Finally got home and dug out my Windows 7 disk. Booted from the cd rom, cd loaded, clicked "repair your computer", it goes to the sky/blue screen and then hangs up there. I let it run all night and it was still stuck on that screen. Tried it once more, same outcome. Any other ideas???

Kenpilot

Honorable
Jun 4, 2017
When I boot from the Windows disk, whether it's from Bios or F12 during startup, it says loading windows then the keyboard/language screen and then it goes to Windows 7 Install now screen that gives me the option to install now, What to know before installing windows or Repair your computer, it doesnt send me to the command prompt. How can I get it to send me to the command prompt?