[SOLVED] No output after new gpu

Apr 6, 2020
Hey so i got a new gpu and tried to replace the old one i got the new one in my pc and turned it on and i had no output whatsoever
Then i put my old gpu back and deleted its drivers as shown on a yt video and now i cant access anything but the pc turns on and it doesn’t have an output i tried restarting cmos starting computer without a motherboard and i had no luck what should i do? Switching from nvidia to amd

Solution
It's a hardware problem. Be it video cable, power or not seated properly. Software/drivers is only of concern after Windows loads. Prior to this, is all hardware based.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can ya list specs please,

Cpu
Mobo
Gpu, old and new.
Ram
Hdd/ssd
Psu
Monitor
Windows

Drivers won't matter during post/bios because they're not loaded yet, just basic gpu functionality prior to Windows. Try focus at least getting a display here.

Reactions: rgd1101

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard is compatible. Check you have plugged external power to the graphics card from the psu incase you thought it didn't need because the 1050 didn't require one. Also check video cable is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard.

Apr 6, 2020
Motherboard is compatible. Check you have plugged external power to the graphics card from the psu incase you thought it didn't need because the 1050 didn't require one. Also check video cable is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard.
Yes i put the pcie express in the gpu and its fans are spinning so the gpu is working also i am sure its connected to the gpu

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Should work with your setup and psu connections. I'll try suggest a measure.

Turn off monitor.

Disconnect power cable from computer and hold case power button to discharge remaining power. Then remove battery from motherboard to reset bios and hopefully hardware connected is refreshed. Remember which side the battery goes back.

Apr 6, 2020
Should work with your setup and psu connections. I'll try suggest a measure.

Turn off monitor.

Disconnect power cable from computer and hold case power button to discharge remaining power. Then remove battery from motherboard to reset bios and hopefully hardware connected is refreshed. Remember which side the battery goes back.
I did it i cleared the bios and connected it it still gives no signal to the keyboard or the monitor i have my gpu connected through the pcie an that goes in to the psu is it possible that ist not connected from the inside or something? Also the old gpu dosent give an output after i deleted the driver using ddu

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Shouldn't be anything wrong with psu wiring and uninstalling drivers won't prevent you seeing a display on boot.

If sure monitor is connected to the gpu, check ram is seated and other cables are connected properly. Might have to visit a PC store for further troubleshooting.

Apr 6, 2020
Shouldn't be anything wrong with psu wiring and uninstalling drivers won't prevent you seeing a display on boot.

If sure monitor is connected to the gpu, check ram is seated and other cables are connected properly. Might have to visit a PC store for further troubleshooting.
I have checked the ram and tested each ram for each slot and i am going tomorrow but i think they will do more damage :(

Apr 6, 2020
I have checked the ram and tested each ram for each slot and i am going tomorrow but i think they will do more damage :(

Or is it possible that i deleted the display drives and thats the cause in just confused

Apr 6, 2020
Deleting drivers isnt a worry when you're getting 0 display. Do a couple things before visiting any sort of store technician.

*Flash a new BIOS via the port on the back (youll need a seperate computer)
*Unsocket/unseat the CPU/GPU/RAM and reassemble
*Run with another card to try output
*Check that every cable is plugged in FULLY from PSU
*Most motherboards have error codes, try looking up whatever it spits out to diagnose slightly
*Try with any other display (TV's work just as well as monitors.

Apr 6, 2020
Deleting drivers isnt a worry when you're getting 0 display. Do a couple things before visiting any sort of store technician.

*Flash a new BIOS via the port on the back (youll need a seperate computer)
*Unsocket/unseat the CPU/GPU/RAM and reassemble
*Run with another card to try output
*Check that every cable is plugged in FULLY from PSU
*Most motherboards have error codes, try looking up whatever it spits out to diagnose slightly
*Try with any other display (TV's work just as well as monitors.
I have reseated everything exept cpu but everything was working before i put in the new card looks like a software problem but i will try flashing a new bios thanks anyway 😊

Apr 6, 2020
It's a hardware problem. Be it video cable, power or not seated properly. Software/drivers is only of concern after Windows loads. Prior to this, is all hardware based.
And that doesn’t explain why the old gpu stopped working right after i deleted the driver Idk but thanks 😊 for all the help i really appreciate it

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You still would have gotten a display at boot regardless of drivers, that was the point of my reply so you would try something else. Unless quick boot is enabled skipping this part? Still wouldn't explain no display though because Windows uses default generic drivers for assured display allowing the user to install proper drivers. How else would it work if Windows was reinstalled? It uses it's own drivers, has always worked this way for basic functionality.

I suggest taking it to a PC store as i previously mentioned to have parts tested.

Last edited: