Jan 28, 2018
Hey there.
I recently assembled a new desktop with the following specifications:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
MSi A320M Pro-VH Plus Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GBx1 DDR4 2400MHz memory stick
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 6Gbps hard drive
200W Power Supply Unit
My PSU has a 4 pin ATX connector and I don't have any graphic card, serial ports, optical drives etc.
When I tried booting it for the first time, there were 1 long beep followed by 2 shorter beeps and then there was no output whatsoever. My EZ Debug LED lights would start of with DRAM light turning on during boot, then off after 2 seconds and then a fixed VGA light thereafter. As per the manual, it seems an issue with the graphics.
I tried various solutions based on articles online. I tried taking off the CMOS battery and placing it back after a few seconds. I tried turning it on with minimal components. I tried different monitors, TVs, with VGA and HDMI. Didn't help. I couldn't locate the jumper cap and hence haven't tried that method. There is power supply to motherboard, CPU (cooler also turns on), hard drive, cabinet lights, cabinet fans etc. I don't know what next. I assume it's not possible to access BIOS without the thing booting, none of my processor pins are bent, and my monitor and TV both work otherwise. Please help.
PS: It's no gaming rig, only meant for home users.
Thank You for your time!

Solution
It is an issue with graphics - you need a dedicated GPU. Ryzen CPU does not have integrated graphics, so you will not get display from motherboard port no matter what you do.

championnithish

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018

Doesn't my motherboard have onboard graphics (AMD A320) which I suppose is the default one?

Nope. Motherboard does provide graphical support but only for non-Ryzen CPUs. See below quote from your motherboard specification:
Onboard Graphics

• 1 x HDMI™ port, supports a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz*
• 1 x VGA port, supports a maximum resolution of 2048x1280@60Hz, 1920x1200@60Hz

* Only support when using a 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processor