Question No post after new CPU

Nov 12, 2022
Hey everyone.

I just got a new CPU. Ryzen 7 5800x. Upgrading from a Ryzen 5 2600. I reset my bios before putting it in, and no post. I tried to resetting cmos by taking the battery out, and by the pins. I've also tried to update my bios by putting the old CPU in and downloading it, but it didn't help. I checked to make sure my ram was set properly and didn't get popped out of place. I'm going to try to pop the old CPU back in to see if the update didn't take. I also put a less powerful GPU (1060ftw) in to see if that would take, I'll put in my specs down below, but if anyone has any things for me to try please let me know.

PC specs
b450f motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800x(upgraded from Ryzen 5 2600)
Rtx 2070 (rtx 1060 for testing)
Kingston 128gb ssd boot drive
SanDisk m.2 drive for games

Nov 12, 2022
So I'm having a new issue with it now unfortunately. I put the old CPU it to try and download the update, and try to that out, but now its stuck on the "republic of gamers" logo. It looks like after about a half hour or so then it goes into the bios. I have no idea why but I can't even get to windows...

Nov 12, 2022
Hey ok so I got the bios updated to 4901. Popped the new CPU in and it is posting. It doing that weird lagging on the republic of gamers logo screen for a long time. I should be able to get into the bios pretty soon, but I don't know if I can get into windows from there. Do you know why it's taking so long to load though?

Nov 12, 2022
Not that old. 6 months or so. It looks like my PC is working now. Windows loads and recognizes the 5800x. But the issue is that boot time is soooo long. I haven't timed it but it looks like it's around a half hour

Not sure about clear CMOS quite yet, but I'd definitely load the BIOS optimal defaults and then reconfigure any custom settings you had set up for things like memory XMP, fan curve profiles, etc.

There could be other problems as well if you did not disconnect ALL other drives when you originally installed Windows on the boot drive.