No post boot and beeping indicating hardware failure

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Hi guys have been looking through this website but can't find an answer to this problem I have a asus a88x gamer motherboard and a amd x4 860k processor all fitted too the board correctly had it apart 4 times now checking it has a new corsair 750watt power supply and new cool master heat sink cooler and fan fan is plugged in correctly. And checked all power connection 8pin in and 24pin correctly.
But on powering up I get one long beep and 4 short which asus say hardWare failure.....
The board lights up fan comes on. But no picture also have tried cos battery removable and board reset with pins bridged but still the same any idea how I can find out if it's motherboard or cpu at fault? With out great expensive. Thanks Mark

Solution
It looks like a memory issue and I'm not sure what to suggest at this point. Make sure that you're properly inserting the RAM in the slot (both latches come in place).
If still no go... a local pc repair shop might help.

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
No just using on board graphics at moment I have a graphics card but not fitted or connected at moment it's not the lack of picture I am worried about its the fact the motherboard is beeping a hardware issue and only have motherboard processor fan and heat sink with psu and the psu and fan and heat sink are new.

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016

The board can use APU and Athlon CPUs. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/A88XGAMER/HelpDesk_CPU/
APU are AMD processors with integrated graphics (CPU and GPU together, let's say).
Athlon do not have integrated graphics. However, trust me on this and consider installing a graphics card.

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
OMG I have spent hours messing about with this I will take your word on it only thing I'd now I need too sort some ram out too retest it as the ram I have I found out is not compatible with the motherboard I went too my sisters today too borrow the ram out of her pc as this was compatible as it must be unbuffered non eec and mine is not so will have too borrow hers or get some ram before I can test with graphics card :-(

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
At the moment I have 8 sticks of ddr3 ram 4gb but non of them are unbuffered and when I put any of them in I get a beep error message for ram but when I put my sisters Kingston unbuffered ram in get no error for ram.

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
At the moment I have 8 sticks of ddr3 ram 4gb but non of them are unbuffered and when I put any of them in I get a beep error message for ram but when I put my sisters Kingston unbuffered ram in get no error for ram. I just get hardware beep error message.