No post boot and beeping indicating hardware failure

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mdl350

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Hi guys have been looking through this website but can't find an answer to this problem I have a asus a88x gamer motherboard and a amd x4 860k processor all fitted too the board correctly had it apart 4 times now checking it has a new corsair 750watt power supply and new cool master heat sink cooler and fan fan is plugged in correctly. And checked all power connection 8pin in and 24pin correctly.
But on powering up I get one long beep and 4 short which asus say hardWare failure.....
The board lights up fan comes on. But no picture also have tried cos battery removable and board reset with pins bridged but still the same any idea how I can find out if it's motherboard or cpu at fault? With out great expensive. Thanks Mark

Solution
It looks like a memory issue and I'm not sure what to suggest at this point. Make sure that you're properly inserting the RAM in the slot (both latches come in place).
If still no go... a local pc repair shop might help.

Latest posts