[SOLVED] No POST memory errors across multiple motherboards and RAM kits

hlhbk

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Hey guys I got something that is really stumping me. I have a gaming room rig that worked fine for almost a year. One morning there is no POST.
I look in my case and somehow (assuming I might have not tightened it enough) my M2 is laying on my gpu. Reboots didn't help.

At the time I had a Gigabyte motherboard. There was a yellow indicator by DRAM. I pulled all 4 sticks of RAM and tried each one in each slot. Same issue. I tried a different set of RAM that had never been in the computer but was the same speed and type. Same issue.
At this point I assumed the motherboard must have failed. I bought the exact same board, and had the exact same issue. Reading forum posts and amazon reviews this appeared to be a known issue with this board.

I bought an Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero. Built it out, and get the same issue. This board as error codes on the board. I get an error code of 55 which is memory not detected. If I remove all ram I get a different code so it sees it on some level. Also the rgb on the RAM lights up so its definitely getting power.

I flashed the bios using a USB and the button on the back. I cleared the cmos. Nothing is working. I should also note I have put the M2 back in the system and tried powering on without it and nothing helps. I even tried a stick of RAM not used since this started in each slot.

I am at a complete loss on what is going on. I don't see any feasible way all 8 RAM sticks are bad. I thought maybe CPU died but it makes no sense since I am not getting CPU error. I have reseated the processor multiple times and checked and do to see bent pins. I also made sure the cooling solution on the cpu isn't to tight and that the board isn't to tight on the standoffs.

I am kind of in a rough spot. Having a 2 year old and just built this last year my computer fund is kind of depleted atm. I can't keep throwing money at parts without knowing the part I need.
I live in Columbus. I considered taking the PC to Microcenter and paying them to look at it. I am hoping they would have known good parts there they can swap in and out and test till it posts. Unfortunately that level of service appears to be $250 (the same price as a processor). Anyone have experience with Microcenter doing this? Is it worth it?

Can anyone help me?

Solution
Hey guys I got something that is really stumping me. I have a gaming room rig that worked fine for almost a year. One morning there is no POST.
I look in my case and somehow (assuming I might have not tightened it enough) my M2 is laying on my gpu. Reboots didn't help.

At the time I had a Gigabyte motherboard. There was a yellow indicator by DRAM. I pulled all 4 sticks of RAM and tried each one in each slot. Same issue. I tried a different set of RAM that had never been in the computer but was the same speed and type. Same issue.
At this point I assumed the motherboard must have failed. I bought the exact same board, and had the exact same issue. Reading forum posts and amazon reviews this appeared to be a known issue with this...

At this point I assumed the motherboard must have failed. I bought the exact same board, and had the exact same issue. Reading forum posts and amazon reviews this appeared to be a known issue with this board.

I bought an Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero. Built it out, and get the same issue. This board as error codes on the board. I get an error code of 55 which is memory not detected. If I remove all ram I get a different code so it sees it on some level. Also the rgb on the RAM lights up so its definitely getting power.

I flashed the bios using a USB and the button on the back. I cleared the cmos. Nothing is working. I should also note I have put the M2 back in the system and tried powering on without it and nothing helps. I even tried a stick of RAM not used since this started in each slot.

I am at a complete loss on what is going on. I don't see any feasible way all 8 RAM sticks are bad. I thought maybe CPU died but it makes no sense since I am not getting CPU error. I have reseated the processor multiple times and checked and do to see bent pins. I also made sure the cooling solution on the cpu isn't to tight and that the board isn't to tight on the standoffs.

I am kind of in a rough spot. Having a 2 year old and just built this last year my computer fund is kind of depleted atm. I can't keep throwing money at parts without knowing the part I need.
I live in Columbus. I considered taking the PC to Microcenter and paying them to look at it. I am hoping they would have known good parts there they can swap in and out and test till it posts. Unfortunately that level of service appears to be $250 (the same price as a processor). Anyone have experience with Microcenter doing this? Is it worth it?

Can anyone help me?
if a new board is not working and keeps dram error, then it means that the imc inside the cpu i/o die having a problem. if changing the cpu worked, then certainly it's a cpu issues.

Solution

hlhbk

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
if a new board is not working and keeps dram error, then it means that the imc inside the cpu i/o die having a problem. if changing the cpu worked, then certainly it's a cpu issues.

I haven't changed cpu yet. Is that your next recommended step? Is there any way the nvme drive falling out while on could cause all of this to happen?