xtrzed

Reputable
Jan 8, 2018
Thermaltake 650w gold rated
Intel dh67cl motherboard
Intel core i7 2600
8gb ram 1333
Gtx 1060 6Gb

Pc was running fine. My brother was playing games when this happened and told me something was wrong with my pc. I checked it out and the first thing i notice without opening the case was that my gpu was not showing any rgb. So I thought it was the gpu's fault. When I opened the case, the gpu fans were running which was weird but nonetheless I took it out. Still the same problem. I took out the ram and still it's the same.

Any ideas??

Solution
To clarify: PC dies while your brother is playing, the graphics card is showing no RGB despite fans running (The RGB is supposed to be on all the time?), and it won't respond at all?

Sounds like a failing PSU killed one or more components... but, before assuming the worst: See if you can get a different, working PSU to boot the PC with minimal hardware (one stick of RAM, no graphics card, no HDD or SSD). You want to aim for post.

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
To clarify: PC dies while your brother is playing, the graphics card is showing no RGB despite fans running (The RGB is supposed to be on all the time?), and it won't respond at all?

Sounds like a failing PSU killed one or more components... but, before assuming the worst: See if you can get a different, working PSU to boot the PC with minimal hardware (one stick of RAM, no graphics card, no HDD or SSD). You want to aim for post.

Solution

xtrzed

Reputable
Jan 8, 2018
When ever I start my pc, the first thing I always notice is that the rgb from both the psu and gpu lights up :D but this time there was rgb at the psu but not the gpu (the fans were spinning tho)
Like I said, took both the gpu and ram to check if its post but no.

Will be hard to get a power supply but I will try to find one.

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018

I'd recommend borrowing one from a friend if you can. It's cheaper that way.