[SOLVED] No post, no bios, ....black screen

apollothesun

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018
Hi all, I bought the Asrock B350 Fatality Gaming 4K off my buddy. Its brand new, just open box. Yesterday, I hooked up all the components, powered it up, fans spin, motherboard lights come on, but no bios or post. Just black screen. I swapped memory banks with 1 and 2 sticks, re-checked graphic card slot. Still Zippo.

I keep reading that it might need a bios flash. Since Im installing a Ryzen 5 1600AF version. 2nd generation. How the hell can you flash bios, if you cant see them? If that's the case.

....any ideas, is greatly appreciated.
..thanks.(y)

Last edited:
Solution
..if that's the case. How the hell do I Flash bios, not seeing them? There must be some trick..;)..

I dont see how a Loan Boot kit will help.
The boot kit is an older cpu that's compatible with the b350's bios. This will allow the system to post then you can upgrade the bios and use the 1600af. The motherboard you have does not support flashing the bios without a compatible cpu. The other option is buy a compatible cpu to flash the bios or take it to a shop and pay them to update the bios.

apollothesun

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018
Hey Rgd, yes monitor connected via HDMI to RX480.

ASrock b350 fatality 4K
Ryzen 5 1600AF --- newer 12nm
EVGA 600 BR
4X4 GSkill 2600 RAM
Samsung 1TB SSD
HP Pav 27' Mon

I double checked the 480 in another puter, to make sure it worked. It was fine.
Some peeps on Asrock foras mentioned switching PCIe slots with Vid card. Haven't tried.
I still get the feeling its stock bios version. Not compatible. Not 100% sure..;)

bignastyid

Titan
..if that's the case. How the hell do I Flash bios, not seeing them? There must be some trick..;)..

I dont see how a Loan Boot kit will help.
The boot kit is an older cpu that's compatible with the b350's bios. This will allow the system to post then you can upgrade the bios and use the 1600af. The motherboard you have does not support flashing the bios without a compatible cpu. The other option is buy a compatible cpu to flash the bios or take it to a shop and pay them to update the bios.

Reactions: apollothesun
Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 - CPU Support List (assuming this is the correct motherboard).

I would note that the CPU that is generally sent for the AMD Boot Kit Loaner Program, the Athlon 200GE, also requires a BIOS update (P5.10) in order to be used. I've come across this before and that user ended up taking the motherboard to a local PC shop to have them update the BIOS.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: apollothesun