[SOLVED] No post, no codes, tried all steps- whats next/missing?

Dec 30, 2018
Alright I'm gonna give this a shot in case theres anything I've missed.

Back in August I built a computer, worked great, purchased an upgrade to my gpu in November, that worked great. Got a new case for the computer and all the sudden when i switched it over it wouldn't turn on at all. I decided after some testing that the mobo was bad and got a new mobo, now it wont post or do any beep codes but everything turns on- all fans and leds.

Checked the mobo and it show the ez debug light for the CPU solidly on. I've taken everything out except ram cpu and heatsink(and mobo speaker), same results. I've taken it out of case placed onto mobo box with esd bag under it, shorted power with screwdriver, same result.

I've taken out the ram completely and tried in every slot, when there was no ram i got no beep codes, no luck with any slots. I've checked the psu CPU and ATX connections with a multimeter and it seems to all be within tolerance.

At this point i believe theres a chance my old mobo shorted out my cpu. Is there anything else i should check before forking out the money for the new cpu? I'll most likely get a mobo/cpu combo since intel has stopped producing 7th gen processors.

Also ive gone through that whole 20+ step list for no post.

Specs:
Cpu: i5 7600k
Gpu: integrated/or MSI 1070ti (tested w/ both)
Mobo: current- MSI B250M gaming pro, old- MSI b250m pro-vdh
Ram- Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb ddr4 2400
Psu: EVGA 600w

Solution
If you have already confirmed cpu is installed correctly and no bent pins or contamination in the socket then I'd suspect that it is very possible the cpu was damaged by a short in the new case or maybe even ESD during the install process into the new board. It looks like the cpu you have should still be under warranty, so personally I'd try to RMA it myself.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
If you have already confirmed cpu is installed correctly and no bent pins or contamination in the socket then I'd suspect that it is very possible the cpu was damaged by a short in the new case or maybe even ESD during the install process into the new board. It looks like the cpu you have should still be under warranty, so personally I'd try to RMA it myself.

Solution