Question No POST, no video output. Bad Mobo?

bdog21

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys, i have a PC that i built a while ago that im having problems with. I used to use this PC daily, then i got a laptop and didnt use it at all for a few months, now when i go to turn it on, it wont put any video out, it wont POST, but it will power on, the fans will turn on, and the green light on the motherboard is on. I also noticed that if i try to start it up with no ram in it, it should beep at me as a warning that theres no ram installed, but it doesnt do that either. And yes, the speaker is installed correctly. One more thing that it wont do, is it wont turn off when i hold down the power button like its supposed to, i have to flip the switch on the back of the power supply to turn it off.

Nothing was changed in the time between when it worked and when it didnt work, it just sat for 2-3 months untouched. I have tried pulling the cmos battery, switching the jumper, and also tried swapping the graphics card out with a different one to see if that was the problem but it wasnt.

System setup is :

-Asus M5a97 LE R 2.0 motherboard
-AMD FX 8350 cpu
-Ati Radeon 5450 GPU
-16gb ballistix ram
-Windows 10

bdog21

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
psu is a thermaltake tr2 430w.

i dont have another psu for testing, but i do have another gpu, which i already swapped out and got the same result, so its not the gpu causing it

TRENDING THREADS