[SOLVED] No post on build in progress

Mar 17, 2019
I've put together a few builds before, although it's been a while.

I put everything together this time, but I can't get a post. The CPU debug light comes on briefly, then the dram light when I turn it on. All fans are spinning, lights are on. I checked all connections, everything is solid. I've tried swapping ram, and taking ram out. Unfortunately I don't have any spare ram that's compatible, everything I have is ddr3 and this build uses ddr4. I've tried using the on board graphics instead of the card, and used both hdmi and display port.

Here's the pcpartpicker list, the only difference is that the card is an Evga gtx 970 instead of the listed card, since it hasn't arrived yet.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GDI_Colin/saved/rVtjyc

I'm not sure where the problem is. I hope it's not the mobo bios, since I can't flash it without getting it to post first. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 👍

Solution
@ko888 How would I go about doing that? Would an older 2013 gigabyte mobo be able to do it?
If that 2013 GIGABYTE motherboard has a USB port then yes.

Here's an example of what would you would need to do:

Mar 17, 2019
I guess I assumed I could flash the bios even without the cpu being compatible. Isn't there a method for flashing a bios even if it won't post? Or do I need to buy a cheap compatible cpu just to flash the bios? Thanks for the assistance

@ko888 How would I go about doing that? Would an older 2013 gigabyte mobo be able to do it?
If that 2013 GIGABYTE motherboard has a USB port then yes.

Here's an example of what would you would need to do:

Solution