No POST test, fans turn on and motherboard lights up

Aug 25, 2018
Hello All,

I am trying to build a new system. Installed all the components and I get no display, no BIOS, no screen. I do get led lights of the motherboard and fans turn on. I went through the sticky on troubleshooting this issue. Here is what I tried:

Took everything out so I have only CPU, HSF, and 1 stick of RAM left.
Took the motherboard out of the case and running on anti-static bag.
Made sure the 8 pin and 24 pin power connectors are seated correctly.
Bought a new 750W PSU.
Took the HSF off and checked no excess thermal paste where it shouldn't be.
Put new thermal paste and tried each stick of RAM in each of the slots.
Made sure RAM is seated correctly.
Tried clearing CMOS by shorting the pins as well as removing the battery for 15 minutes.

Nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are the specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Rosewill HSF ROCC-16002
ASUS X470-PRO
Corsair Vengence LPX 8gb x2
Corsair CX750M

I installed an internal speaker. It had one continuous beep, followed by 3 short beeps, a short pause, and another short beep. Is this counted as a continuous beep with 3 short beeps or 4 short beeps? The motherboard manual has both. If 3 short beeps, then there's no VGA, but the motherboard doesn't come with VGA connection, only HDMI and DisplayPort. I have twin Dell u2414h monitors on each (when I test, only 1 plugged in at a time) and both give me the same results. If 4 continuous beeps, it says hardware failure. Does that mean the motherboard or CPU?

Please help. Otherwise I have to return everything!

Aug 25, 2018

Errr... after spending the whole day on this, I finally found that and now using my 10 year old graphics card until I decide to get a new one. Now windows is telling me my hardware is too new for windows 7 and I'm debating wether it's worth upgrading to windows 10. Just afraid photoshop cs6 is not going to work on windows 10.