Question No Power - Faulty PSU or Motherboard?

Aug 7, 2022
I have been facing issues powering up my system for the past 4 days, LED lights on motherboard in on though. The puzzling issue is at the start of each day, I am unable to power up the PC. Each time I had to try out different method, opening up the case, disconnecting Power Sw from the panel and etc. And after messing with it for awhile I was finally able to power up the PC. Subsequent power up throughout the day will work and I can even get to game the entire day without any single issue.

For instance, just today, I had the same issue and had to try out different methods. I removed the power switch pin and tried to short the pc to power up but to no avail. However, after I placed back the power SW pin back on motherboard, the power button on case works miraculously and I was able to switch it on again. This makes me wonder what's exactly faulty here and I need your advise.

Thank you in advance.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF B45-PLUS GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE RGB 32GB 3200MHZ
PSU: THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 600W
Storage: Transcend MTE110S 512GB SSD

I have been facing issues powering up my system for the past 4 days, LED lights on motherboard in on though. The puzzling issue is at the start of each day, I am unable to power up the PC. Each time I had to try out different method, opening up the case, disconnecting Power Sw from the panel and etc. And after messing with it for awhile I was finally able to power up the PC. Subsequent power up throughout the day will work and I can even get to game the entire day without any single issue.

For instance, just today, I had the same issue and had to try out different methods. I removed the power switch pin and tried to short the pc to power up but to no avail. However, after I placed back the power SW pin back on motherboard, the power button on case works miraculously and I was able to switch it on again. This makes me wonder what's exactly faulty here and I need your advise.

Thank you in advance.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF B45-PLUS GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE RGB 32GB 3200MHZ
Storage: Transcend MTE110S 512GB SSD
Replace the psu....test.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That isn't something that shouldn't be anywhere near a system. Perhaps try and source a donor PSU(borrowed from a friend or neighbor) with at least 550W of power for the entire system's disposal to rule out your unit being the issue.

If you have to reseat components, it's quite likely a grounding issue...

Reactions: white.a.drew
Aug 8, 2022
I'm having the same problem have to reset every components for PC to turn on,
I replaced the psu same problem when I do get the PC to start it works fine no crashes
Switch it off the next day same problem

Reactions: bunbun33

TRENDING THREADS