Question No power/lights on my MSI b550m pro vdh wifi

Sep 15, 2023
So I built a pc with msi b450m pro vdh max, worked perfectly fine. However, had to change it (due to availability of headers) with a MSI b550m pro vdh wifi motherboard - and now I'm getting a issue where the motherboard is not firing up at all. No EZ debug LEDs nothing, no power.

Here are the specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 3060ti, Corsair HX750i, MSI b550m pro vdh wifi, T-force 2*8gb RAM, MSI 1tb nvme

Troubleshooting I've tried:
  • Made sure the wires are plugged in completely.
  • Tried to connect another case's POWER SW to the mobo, still nothing.
  • Made sure POWER SW cable is plugged in completely.
  • Did a fan test and a paper clip test on the PSU (Corsair HX750i) - working fine.
  • Tried to switch up the RAMs in the ram slots, still nothing.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did a fan test and a paper clip test on the PSU (Corsair HX750i) - working fine.
That test is moot, since it doesn't specify how much power the PSU can effectively output.

Corsair HX750i
How old is the PSU in your build?

Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

You don't need another case/switch, you can jump the +ve and -ve pins on the front panel connector pins on the motherboard while bradboarded with the bare minimum parts, board/CPU/one stick of ram/discrete GPU.

Without any storage options, you should be able get the system to fire up.

Sep 15, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did a fan test and a paper clip test on the PSU (Corsair HX750i) - working fine.
That test is moot, since it doesn't specify how much power the PSU can effectively output.

Corsair HX750i
How old is the PSU in your build?

You don't need another case/switch, you can jump the +ve and -ve pins on the front panel connector pins on the motherboard while bradboarded with the bare minimum parts, board/CPU/one stick of ram/discrete GPU.

Without any storage options, you should be able get the system to fire up.
Thank you! and I bought it used, but I have less expectations that - it's the faulty component here. The reason being, I had completely no issues at all when I was building and used it with my previous mobo i.e b450m pro vdh max.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I have tried both the slots. 1-3, or 2-4.

Unfortunately, I don't even see any EZ debug LED to light up.

TRENDING THREADS