No Power On Asrock Extreme4 [X99 chipset] Motherboard ! Help.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy101

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
I have been pulling my hair over this for last couple of days. I am building a new desktop for work and here is what I have connected so far -

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: Ballistix DDR4 2400MHz UDIMM 16-16-16-39 8GB on 1 slot
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W-M 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I have connected the 24pin power and 8-pin power to the mother board and yet when i turn on power nothing happens. I do not see a fan or no led (according to a youtube reviewer this one has a led, the manual does not mention the led !) on the board. No nothing.

I first suspected the power supply was bad. So went to central computers with the power supply I had (Corsair CX-500) and they used their power supply tester and tested the 24-pin connector - the 3.3v rail was orange (=bad). So I bought CX-500M which is modular and double the price thinking I could build this thing today and return the original supply back to newegg.

But even with the new power supply, nothing. Any one has any clues as to what might be going wrong here ?

I3reeze

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I sent in the mobo and psu to get them replaced. Something was fried (probably both) from a power surge.
Be sure to buy a power strip rated to protect against things like that.

Marcel_3

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015

My solution:
I bought an GigaByte Mainboard, plugged all together. Worked perfect on first try.

IrongateJim

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
That's what I am going to do. I had returned my Extreme4 because I could not get it to post and I was going nuts trying to troubleshoot. I had originally requested a replacement but after reading these posts, I don't want any more problems. I will buy another brand of ATX LGA2011-3 motherboard.

So happy I found this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.