Question No power on

Feb 17, 2022
My computer do not power on, it was working good but I did move it to another place and now do not boot up. I did a review of all the hardware and did not found damage. The last thing I did was take out the 24 pin power cable from the motherboard , short the pin 4 (power on) and pin 6 (ground) as say my motherboard manual book, try try turn on , then all lights, fans, mouse went on but not the keyboard. So I make the short permanent on the side up of the case that plug into the 24 socket of the motherboard and the computer went on, make beeps and show the code 00, but gave not video signal, not work the keyboard, I am unable to try anything more.
My computer: motherboard Asus maximus extreme vi, 32 ram memory, CPU I7 4790 power supply 850 watts.
grafic card GTX650 Ti ASUS

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought was that something came loose during the move.

Did you, during the hardware review actually check all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers by sight and feel to ensure that all were fully and firmly in place?

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VI-EXTREME/E8442_Maximus_VI_Extreme.pdf

[Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.]

And the short (pin 4 to pin 6) you applied is what is shown on which page?

= = = =

"So I make the short permanent on the side up of the case ..."

What exactly did you do? Are you able to take a photograph or two or otherwise some diagram or sketch?

Refer to the User Manual again double check all connections and jumpers.

Feb 17, 2022
Page 43 Figure C EATXPWR, pin called PSON #, I Wired it with one of the pins show as GND, I did wired them with the cable than run out from the power supply. I needed do that in the entrance of the 24 cables to the small case that plug into the 24 socket of the motherboard so I was able to plug in them without interference .
how can I add a photo?
I felt nervous that the motherboard and box could have gone short. That's why I disarmed it and put extensions to set them aside. I rearranged them and turned them on again but everything followed the same lights, sounds, mouse fans and the code 00 but no video or keyboard. As the power is direct it is on and you have to turn it off from the power unit.
Do you think can be the CPU,, the mother board of both the problem.?
I joined with a wire those two pins on the top of the PSU 24 Pin Male Cable that enters the female of the mother board. I did it where the wires coming out of the PSU come in into the male socket that have the pins. there I joined them to leave them unhindered where the pins join with the motherboard.
I know that making this connection is dangerous because it eliminates the protection that the CPU does so that other elements are not damaged but without another possibility of finding the error that the CPU detects and so it cuts the power of electricity in the system I run the risk to see if I can detect the error before other elements are damaged.
What I can detect by forcing the computer to turn on is that both the monitor and the keyboard do not work as well the LED of the bios and the hard disk are illuminated without interruption.
I also notice that in the LCD of the OC panel it shows me a temperature of 140° in the CPU but since the fan is on and shows me in 0 the speed, I doubt that the data is real and it may be that this is the problem. As I have a spare one I will test it to see if it gives the same amount or varies.

Last edited: