Question No Response from Any Components at Boot

Apr 28, 2021
Hi,

I recently installed a new 24 pin in a perfectly working computer. I initially had some fans flicker on and off but now I no longer get anything when I try to boot. No fans or lights turn on, even the PSU fan. I tried swapping to the original 24 pin and get the same results. Other things that I’ve tried:
  • New PSU
  • Removed and reinstalled all components
  • CMOS
  • Manually short power pins
  • Bios Reflash (using Q-flash with no CPU or ram installed, doing this I did get the q-flash light to blink as expected)
So it seems like my motherboard might be shot, and I’m assuming there is a chance other components could be too (hope not!!). I ordered a motherboard speaker and replacement motherboard but is there anything else I should try? I know my GPU is ok since I let a friend try that. The motherboard is a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro ax.

Apr 28, 2021
If you tried jumping the motherboard (Manually short power pins) and you tried 2 PSUs...and the PSUs don't come on...I think chances are the MB is failed.
That’s what I’ve been thinking and hoping, but I was surprised to see that I was able to do a Bios flash. If my CPU or RAM was shot would I still at least get a fan to spin on boot?

Apr 28, 2021
I think it's possible a fan could spin with the CPU or RAM failed.
...and I would think the MB failed over the CPU...CPUs are tougher.
Thanks. I’ll report back on Saturday when I test a new motherboard. While I’m sure there’s always a chance that more could be broken, this at least makes me feel a bit better (especially since I’ve got a 5800X 😬).

Apr 28, 2021
I replaced the CPU and now I get power to the board but at soon as I hit the PSU switch the PSU clicks rapidly and my fans turn on/off. I haven’t tried to boot. Was my motherboard also broken or is there something wrong with a brand new CPU?

TRENDING THREADS