No response when trying to boot new build. Motherboard clicks with no further response.

LucusTheDestroyer

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I purchased parts for a new system back at the end of September. After assembling and connecting the rig to power, the motherboard's RGB lights turn on. However, when trying to power on / boot the system, there's a clicking sound from the motherboard and no further response. No POST, beeping from the speakers nor any of the case fans turning on.

On the last system I built, I had both Motherboard and CPU RMA's but booting at least brought the speaker signals to tell me what's wrong. After testing this system with multiple PSU's, I came to the conclusion that the Motherboard was shorting somewhere and/or completely dead and attempted to RMA it. Today I attempted to rebuild the PC with a new motherboard (RMA process took a while), but the same issue has occurred again so I'm no longer confident about it being a motherboard issue.

Here's the spec of the system:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LZNLfH

Has anyone else had a similar experience and know what could be causing it?

UPDATE: Tried breadboarding the system and it booted to bios perfectly. There must be a case short somewhere, but I have no idea where.