No Safe Mode

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Hi!

my Toshiba Laptop can't boot in safe mode, can't boot regularly, cant get into windows.

laptop is a toshiba m305-s4910

Tried the hardware recovery thing, which is: press and hold 0, then press the power button, then tap 0 when Toshiba logo starts. That does not work.

Tried pressing F8 to enter safe mode, that does not work either.

both of these things that i tried just leads to a black screen with a " _ " line that flashes at the upper left corner of the screen.
and when i press a button it "beeps" annoyingly.

what do i do know?

thanks in advance!

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
i have tried every keystroke, nothing works. i have searched all over the net. and people call this the "black sreen with flashing cursor/line at top left corner.

all of my searches, noone has ever solved this. cany anyone help me?

laptop is a toshiba m305-s4910

Do you see the BIOS information loading before you get the black screen with the curser( _ )?

If yes, make sure the hard drive is connected securely.

If I remember right, ctrl + F11 is a common keystroke to enter the recovery console in Toshibas.

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
the keys stroke for my toshiba is hold 0, then press the power button then tap 0. but it stops on a black screen with a flashing cursor, but this time it has a "HDD recovery", that phrase on the bottom right. but it wont continue to the recovery.

yes i see bios, and i can enter the bios, i also see the HDD in the bios, i also tried to remove and attach the hard drive. but nothing worked. what could be the problem?

the hard drive does not make any funny noises, sounds normal.

what could it be?

thanks agian!

9lilsa

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

The same :(( what should I do?

9lilsa

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

If I used PC, it would take easy well :(
I cannot do to use slave drive because I use laptop...any suggesting?