No secure boot with MSI B350M Bazooka and Ryzen 5 5600X?

greensean123

Honorable
Aug 27, 2018
I just upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600X paired with an MSI 350M Bazooka and it says I don't have Secure Boot (TPM), therefore not allowing me to upgrade to Windows 11. I have fTPM enabled in my BIOS and it says TPM is active but Windows says Secure Boot State Unsupported. Does this motherboard not support Secure Boot or is there a setting I'm missing?

Colif

Win 11 Master
TPM isn't secure boot. Its ftpm which you have enabled.

By default, "Secure Boot" is disabled in Bios. To activate it, you have to set firstly "STTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" = "Enabled". After enabling, the "Secure Boot" entry shall appear in the same page so that you will be able to configure it. See >>Manual<< p.45.

Before you do that, do you happen to know if the drive is formatted as MBR or GPT as that can complicate the swap. Secure boot won't work on MBR.

greensean123

Honorable
Aug 27, 2018
TPM isn't secure boot. Its ftpm which you have enabled.

Before you do that, do you happen to know if the drive is formatted as MBR or GPT as that can complicate the swap. Secure boot won't work on MBR.
My boot drive is MBR. But my second drive is GPT and my third drive is MBR. That would explain why my computer was trying to boot with UEFI mode but it would just put me back in the BIOS and didn't work until I changed it to CSM mode which takes away the Secure Boot option in the BIOS.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry I slow to reply but my internet was offline for a few days. It was not expected.

You need to make your Boot drive GPT before you can turn CSM off and turn Secure boot on
This shows how to do the windows side of things - https://it-infrastructure.solutions/how-to-switch-from-legacy-to-uefi-boot-mode-mbr2gpt-convertion/
once windows is swapped, you can go into bios and swap it to UEFI boot and Secure boot should show up.

annoying fact: You don't need secure boot on to run win 11, the PC just needs to be able to run it. Stupid but there you go, I have been on win 11 for 2 years now without secure boot on.

Reactions: greensean123