Question No signal after bios update (Aorus B550 Elite v2)

Jun 3, 2023
Sorry for bad english in advance
Hello, I'm reaching this forum beacause i have a problem with my motherboard : after trying to update my bios with the latest version of it, my pc restarted and then gave me the "no signal" problem. My pc components are still working fine, but my peripherals (monitor, keyboard) are not functioning. I tried everything i could like remove battery, cmos/jumper reset with the screwdriver thing, ram swap, no gpu and q-flash with the most recent and an older version of the bios. (FAT32, correct file, rename gigabyte.bin and all)
At this moment, i still have no signals from my monitor and my other peripherals are still not working.

Here is my configuration:
MotherBoard : Aorus B550 Elite V2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU : Gigabyte RTX 3060ti Gaming OC pro
RAM : 2x8 Go Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 CL16 dual channel
Storage : MP400 1to + 2to HDD
PSU : Sharkoon WPM Gold ZERO 750W
CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i Elite Capellix
Case : Corsair 4000x
Thanks in advance, I'm kinda lost and i don't know what to do now

Jun 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you recall what BIOS version you were on prior to the update? What BIOS version did you try flashing to? If the Q-Flash Plus button doesn't help revive the board, then it's possible that you will need to RMA the board.
Hi, thank you for your reply:)
First I downloaded the last version of the b550 aorus elite bios (Version F16c on https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10-11/support#support-dl)
Then after, i tried with the F12 version. I probably was at F10 or F12 when I first built this pc
And uh I don't know if i can RMA it, i bought it more than 2 years ago and i don't think that the warranty is still applicable ?

D

Deleted member 2947362

Bought it the 4th December 2020 but on an third party website (alternate.be), will it still work even if i didn't bought it directly from gigabyte? Alternate gave me an 2y only warranty
yeah It should still be covered by gigabytes own manufacturer warranty which they say is 3 years contact their support on the gigabyte website they should help you out with the process

Jun 8, 2023
I have the same problem after updating my Aorus B550 Elite V2 to the latest bios.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU : Nvidia RTX 3080ti FE

All fans and lights working, keyboard and mouse not working and no signal on the monitor.

D

Deleted member 2947362

I have an old Asus P8Z77-Vpro Motherboard doing the same thing no matter what I try it just powers on fans spin for seconds fans stop but all the test led's on motherboard are on like cpu green ram green etc

I changed everything from different BIOS revisions (using asus usb flash method) to different speed of ram, matched x2 kits, matched x4 kits, different brands, XMP non XMP, differnt gfx cards, PSU's you name it...

well that is apart from the CPU because I don't have a spare LGA 1155 CPU laying around.

The chap that gave me this hardware used quite a heavy cpu cooler.

With further inspection of the CPU it almost looks like over time along with heat the substrate that holds the CPU's contact pads appears to be crushed.

Or more of an compressed pattern of the the LGA socket which is more profound on one side of the CPU

As if the torque of the heatsink mount plus the weight and gravity of the heatsink and temperature has damaged the CPU substrate over a long period of time.

I just don't have another CPU to test my theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 8, 2023
I have the same problem after updating my Aorus B550 Elite V2 to the latest bios.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU : Nvidia RTX 3080ti FE

All fans and lights working, keyboard and mouse not working and no signal on the monitor.
Replaced the motherboard with a new one... (same type)

And the issue still exists....

Jun 8, 2023
Here's how I fixed it.

Take the PC of the power, remove everything from the motherboard, CPU, GPU, mem, fans, storage, leave nothing on there exept power to the motherboard so the big connector and the 6-pin connector.

Download the latest bios file for your board, mind the revision! In my case the Aorus Elite V2 Rev. 1.2
Rename the bios file to GIGABYTE.bin and put it on an USB stick.
Put the USB stick in the computer, connect power and push the Q-flash button. (a light should be flashing) Wait a while untill the computer shuts down again. No add CPU, one stick of RAM and the GPU. Start de computer and you will get the message that everything has been reset and get in the bios.