No Signal after Windows Starting

Wrecklesss

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Ok so I recently hooked up my third monitor (again) to my two gtx 460's and eventually went black after messing with the screen settings briefly. rebooted and then my screen would "no Signal" after the logo screen. The only way I got my monitors to work was in safe mode. Here's what I tried:

Thought it was the drivers, so I deleted and reinstalled them...then IT WOULD start in Normal Mode. But after I updated the drivers again...same problem.

Thought I screwed up the resolution to something my monitors could not display, so I set the resolution to something really low and rebooted...nothing.

Tried sfc /scannow from the CMD prompt...Said it fixed errors...nothing.

Tried all HDMI/DVI ports on both GPU's...nothing.

Tried system restore and all other software options in Safe Mode before untill the OS eventually quit booting and would just go straight into "Launch System Repair".

I've tried a complete re-install of Windows...nothing.

I have not exhausted hardware options though as I dont have any sort of test bench to plug and play, but doubt any other hardware is the cause (was working perfectly right until I hooked up that third monitor).

Any help appreciated!

Wrecklesss

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
PSU= OCZ ZX1000
Mobo= Asus P6X58D-E (x58 LGA 1366)
CPU= i7-930 (I think)
GPU= dual GTX 460 SLI

For the record, my issue has been solved, and here's what I did:
replaced the video cards. Lol. replaced with 1 Gigabyte GTX 770

If I could get some help with a diagnosis though, it'd help me gain some general knowledge as I am still kinda wondering why it broke in the first place.

I can only assume it was a hardware malfunction with the cards, because as soon as I plugged in the 770, it started right up; no need for safe mode, bios changes or even nvidia drivers.

Is it possible plugging in that third monitor was just too much for my old 460's?