Question No signal/black screen *sometimes* when starting/restarting PC

GJX

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I'm experiencing an issue that I've never encountered before, and I haven't found any useful mention of the problem or a solution.

Recently (can't remember when this started, probably a few weeks), when I start my PC or when I restart it (properly through windows or using the restart button), I can't see the motherboard logo and I get a 'No Signal' message on the screen. I'm pretty sure windows booted, and I just can't see it.
If I restart a few times using the button, eventually I see the mobo logo and windows login screen (and I can continue working regularly at that time).
If I restart again, it "might" boot normally, or not...
The screen goes into No Signal even if from windows I put the PC to sleep. It goes to sleep, I press a key, I see the lights and fans come back on, but no signal...

I have no idea what's going on... why would sometimes it work but others not?

My setup:
AMD Ryzen 5600X
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 running F13 - Issue happens also on F12, updating BIOS didn't help.
G.Skill 2x16 3600MHz - Running XMP profile for months before this problem started.
PowerColor Red Devil 6800 XT - I deleted the drivers through Device Manager, and reinstall them to the latest recommended version 21.6.1
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
be quiet Straight Power 11 Silent Wings 1000W Gold
LG 38WN95C-W connected using DP - The monitor is fine as far as I can see, no issues like this when connecting my laptop to it.

Help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

GJX

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I even used DDU to remove all drivers, and installed a fresh driver (21.6.1).
The first restart after that, as requested after the driver install, I get no signal again...
This is driving me mad. I'm resetting windows, hope that helps...