Question No signal display

Mar 28, 2023
This happened for the first time. I bought my PC several weeks ago and it went fine until an hour ago. When i turn on my PC all seems fine but after 10 minutes or so the display says no signal and the fan becomes loud for a couple seconds. I can still hear sounds and when I restarted my PC it went back normal but then the same thing happened again.

PC specs:
RTX 2060 Super
16 GB RAM (single stick)
i7-10700F
HV PRO PSU 550 Watt +80 Bronze

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023
I have tried swapping the port and it still says no signal. As for the temps, the GPU runs in 44-50 degrees idle (normal temp) and the CPU itself runs in 8-20 percent idle.

Sep 11, 2020
Do the fans become loud, and then going down to normal fan noise?
Also, i will give some things you can try out.

1. Check if the display port is well seated in your monitor.
  2. If it's possible, use an hdmi cable in your motherboard instead of your gpu to check if that fixes things
  3. If you feel comfortable, and have another gpu you can test in your new system, do so.
  4. Change from displayport to hdmi.

Mar 28, 2023

2. If it's possible, use an hdmi cable in your motherboard instead of your gpu to check if that fixes things
  3. If you feel comfortable, and have another gpu you can test in your new system, do so.
Yes the fans became loud and then going down to normal noise.

Mar 28, 2023
That's normal, but if the fans become loud when it says no signal. That's questionable. Well, i will try my best to help you, overall.

The display port is well seated. I just tried changing the port to HDMI and will see the results soon. As for extra GPU for me to test in my system, I don't have an extra GPU. And for plugging the port into the motherboard instead of the GPU is not possible considering I am using the F series which means I don't have I-GPU/Integrated Graphics Card from the processor.

Sep 11, 2020
Okay, this might be out of question but, are the fans scratching? It could be the ram. Try, taking out the ram and put it back in.. I don't know how comfortable you are, going into the computer and taking stuff out... But i would try that, because no ram can cause no signal.

Mar 28, 2023
Sounds good! Write here tomorrow again. I will continue helping you :) Make sure to download hwinfo though :)
Oh also, the PC is new, though it is prebuilt. The seller also said that the PSU just got replaced by a brand new one that I mentioned above. After some narrowing, I think it is either the GPU or the PSU. Lot of people say to look at event viewer to see the recent event that happened to the system, I haven't tried that and I will tomorrow. As for the GPU, I just replugged the connectors, I didn't reseat it, I will also try that tomorrow to see if it fixes the issue. All that aside, if those don't work, since the warranty of all the parts are still valid I can still get a replacement.