Question NO SIGNAL, from either GPU or Integrated Graphics, please help!!!!

Apr 30, 2019
Recently run into problems with NO SIGNAL message on monitor. After pulling out GPU and CMOS reset, got signal from Integrated graphics. It lasted a day. Now no Picture from that either. What could be the problem? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Apr 30, 2019
Hey Mads! First, thanks a HEEPS for replying! I am out of clue… The specs are as following : Asrock Z77 Pro 4 M, 8 GB of Ram (2x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 not overclocked), Intel I5 3570K never overclocked, Sapphire 5670 512 MB (after pulling it out - now integrated graphics), PSU : Seasonic- S12II. Everything worked properly and under light load only. Then the problems started. Please advise!!!

I'm sorry for the sligthly dumb / obvious question, but I have to ask - does the monitor work as it should when connected to a different PC?
Have you tried a different cable?
Does the monitor have multiple inputs so you could try a different type of connection + cable.

The graphics card would be another thing to investigate, it is an older model afterall, and it could have just died, but it is a bit strange that the iGPU also went dead after just one day.

Do you have the opportunity to test with a different PSU?

Apr 30, 2019
You suspect the psu? I will try (to try) this...it is corona "warfare" here afterall. Tried multiple monitors, and multiple inputs/outputs/cables, all the cables and monitors are working, but the computer doesn't give off/send signal! Thanks for the advice so far!!!! I will try it with a different psu. I am just so sad if it's faulty, i really made sure the psu was a good model when I bought this setup. In the meantime, please write with more advice, if you can think of anything! Thanks a mill!!!!

I don’t specifically suspect the PSU, but I’m suggesting to try with a different one in the process of eleminating potential causes.
The PSU is easily tested compared to the motherboard, for example - which could also be the cause of this.
Don’t worry about the PSU just yet, it is just a step to take during troubleshooting.

EDIT :
Did you experience any signs of failing hardware leading up to this?
Did the screen ever flicker, maybe only momentarily?
Were you having any sudden bluescreen of death, that you couldn't explain?
Did you ever get any error messages in windows?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019
You suspect the psu? I will try (to try) this...it is corona "warfare" here afterall. Tried multiple monitors, and multiple inputs/outputs/cables, all the cables and monitors are working, but the computer doesn't give off/send signal! Thanks for the advice so far!!!! I will try it with a different psu. I am just so sad if it's faulty, i really made sure the psu was a good model when I bought this setup. In the meantime, please write with more advice, if you can think of anything! Thanks a mill!!!!
I don’t specifically suspect the PSU, but I’m suggesting to try with a different one in the process of eleminating potential causes.
The PSU is easily tested compared to the motherboard, for example - which could also be the cause of this.
Don’t worry about the PSU just yet, it is just a step to take during troubleshooting.

EDIT :
Did you experience any signs of failing hardware leading up to this?
Did the screen ever flicker, maybe only momentarily?
Were you having any sudden bluescreen of death, that you couldn't explain?
Did you ever get any error messages in windows?

Apr 30, 2019
Thanks for the additional questions, Mads! I never had screen flickers, except when I was doing this interchanging from the GPU to the integrated one, and back and forth, remember the single time GPU not being stuck in properly, and I had some color distortion and weird lines. Otherwise I would have some blue screens occasionaly but it was a rare occasion. At those times, upon restart I would see some Windows error reports. Hardware never shown any signs of faliure EXCEPT whenI I think of it now, the PSU made some electric malfunction sounds courtesy of the (I think) the part where the power cable gets in. Could it be the reason behind this? COuld it have killed both the GPU and the integrated one?Thanks a LOT. Cheers