Question No signal from monitor, MSI 1080TI

tommiti

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
Anyone else struggling with their Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, by simply getting no signal?
Sometimes there's displayed different codes on the onboard OLED-screen on the motherboard, when I'm booting up the pc. This, for example, is the code 43(which disappeared when I did a driver update for the card).
I’ve tried reinstalling windows, tried out other cables/monitors, resetting the bios, as well as downloading the drivers from MSI instead of NVIDIA... I’ve also tried updating the driver manually for the Generic PnP, then restarting the pc without any luck..
There's rarely any signal when I'm trying to use the pc.
I did manage to get a gaming session without any issues, until I decided to simply power off the pc. But after booting up the pc the next day, the same problem occurred...
Even when I´ve plugged the DP-cable in the built-in graphics card, the image often flickers... But this might be because of the 4k DP-cable? Cuz it even happens when I'm either downloading something or just browsing youtube...
This is really bugging me, as all of the components aren't even a year old..
I spoke to someone about this, and they said that it might be because of the GPU either being modded from MSI themselves, as well as the prev owner perhaps modded the motherboard(since we struggled with both the GPU and motherboard).
The first week of owning the pc, everything went buttery smooth, until it decided to freeze itself on the Asus loading-screen. And the hell started to occur...
The display itself is an Asus rog swift pg348q 34"
Thanks in regards.

Last edited:
Can be a cable or it could be a faulty gpu/failed update they sent the gpu and is causing it conflicts now. Try a new cable if that does it there you go if not. Open a link to msi and rma the gpu to them they should have a cross sale warranty on the 10xx series anothers words even if someone owned it before you if it's under warrenty it's under warrenty