Question "no signal" hdmi 1

Benji19912

Commendable
Mar 29, 2019
when I start up my computer I get this message. wiggling the HDMI cable and changing the cable doesn't help. I have to keep restarting the PC and hope it will display, it usually does after between 4-8 restarts. when it does display everything looks fine.

no idea what the problem is

samsung t22e310ex Moniter

Windows 10

AMD FX-4300 3.9 ghz OC

GTX 960 2GB

8 GB single stick of ddr3 ram

550w PSU, power switch on psu not functioning

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What do you mean the switch on the PSU is not functioning?

You're connected HDMI to HDMI, from the GPU to the TV?

Sounds like the card is no longer reliably being powered - and coupled with a PSU with other issues, I would start to suspect that's your underlying cause.

Benji19912

Commendable
Mar 29, 2019
What do you mean the switch on the PSU is not functioning?

You're connected HDMI to HDMI, from the GPU to the TV?

Sounds like the card is no longer reliably being powered - and coupled with a PSU with other issues, I would start to suspect that's your underlying cause.

yes its gpu to moniter with HDMI, the flip switch next to the power plug no longer cuts power to the system when flipped. the system seems to post fine, I get a single beep when it turns on. but it seems random as to when the display will have a signal or not

and this may be unrelated but the front case fan that came with the pc has "burnt out" and no longer spins, burn marks in the copper wiring inside

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
yes its gpu to moniter with HDMI, the flip switch next to the power plug no longer cuts power to the system when flipped. the system seems to post fine, I get a single beep when it turns on. but it seems random as to when the display will have a signal or not

and this may be unrelated but the front case fan that came with the pc has "burnt out" and no longer spins, burn marks in the copper wiring inside

If the PSU no longer cuts power when the switch is flipped, you need a new PSU.

Impossible to say for sure if it's the true cause of the problems here, but it's not helping!
Replace the PSU with a quality unit, and see if that fixes the issue.

If that fan it burnt out with visible burn marks, I assume you have it disconnected from the fan header or molex (wherever it's connected to the system/PSU)? If not, remove it now.

Benji19912

Commendable
Mar 29, 2019
If the PSU no longer cuts power when the switch is flipped, you need a new PSU.

Impossible to say for sure if it's the true cause of the problems here, but it's not helping!
Replace the PSU with a quality unit, and see if that fixes the issue.

If that fan it burnt out with visible burn marks, I assume you have it disconnected from the fan header or molex (wherever it's connected to the system/PSU)? If not, remove it now.

Yeah ive removed the fan. am I safe to run this psu for a while longer while I seek a replacement?