No Signal on Asus 7950 ( mobo problem?)

XxMongermaniacxX

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
basically, I have been having problems with my asus 7950... I have been getting no signal on multiple motherboards. On my first motherboard, It was in the first available x16 2.0 pci slot. sometimes worked, sometimes didnt. Now, I have a different board, using the card in the SECOND x16 2.0 slot, and still, no signal... ( been told by an i.t friend that it is because of the gpu sag and it may not be fitting in the pci slot 100% correctly, I have made the gpu not sag and I still have the same problem) I am wondering if this is because it is in the second pci slot, not the first... Is there anything else I can do to get a signal ? (NOTE: I cant update drivers cause i cant get a signal)

thx to everyone who helps me solve this problem!

XxMongermaniacxX

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014

it looked like i was using the wrong 4 pin connector for my motherboard, so my cpu wasent getting power. I do have signal problems still with my graphics card. the card weighs alot and is 11.3 inches, so if it sags in my pci slot I dont get a signal, or it is just vertical green lines up and down the screen