Question No signal on monitor after windows boots

VeeK

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
I got myself a new rig but its been giving me issues constantly. Everything ran fine for 3 days and then, the monitor started glitching and then completely stopped giving any output. I sent the graphics card back and got it replaced. Now what happens is that the PC boots into windows and after a few seconds I get "No signal" on the monitor. If I open up the BIOS menu, the display can remain on for several minutes (I tried leaving it on upto 10 mins and it didn't turn off). I also tried connecting the CPU with my television and with that it doesn't turn off on Windows desktop either. I don't know what is going on here.

My configuration:
MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3500x
Adata XPG Gammix 8GB Memory x 2
Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD 500GB
MSI Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb
Antec 450W PSU
LG Ultragear 144hz 24" Monitor

VeeK

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
Yes PSU is new as well. Its Antec VP450P. I've asked my friend to drop off his spare CPU so I can test out different parts. Will be here tomorrow probably. You think PSU is the problem?

VeeK

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
Never used multi monitors.
Monitor is plugged into GPU. The motherboard can't give any video output because the ryzen has no graphics in it.

VeeK

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
I got that PC from my friend but its PSU is shotty. I think its fan is going out, makes horrible noises. Its also 450W but from a cheap chinese brand so I'm not comfortable putting that into my rig.

I swapped out its graphics card which is Nvidia GT 710 into mine and my PC works fine with it. I then put my card into my friend's PC and it ran once, I restarted it and it now does the exact same thing.

@rgd1101 this is the graphics card issue, right? Could it still be something else?