Question No Signal On Monitor, won't even show option to open BIOS

May 5, 2021
Ok, so. I have recently built my first PC. Excited because I had everything done, all my RGB and fans were spinning (including the GPU and CPU COOLER FAN). When I connect my monitor to my graphics card, my monitor says "No Signal". I have tried multiple HDMI Cables, with no new outcome.

Specs:
-b450m steel legend
-sapphire amd radeon rx 560 4gb
-16gb crucial ballistix ram (8gbx2)
-amd ryzen 5 2600
-550w EVGA PSU
-5 argb pwm fans (id cooling zf-12025)
-12 header fanhub (6 for argb, 6 for pwm)
-500GB Wd_black m.2 ssd NVME SN750

So my question is, how do i solve this problem? is there something wrong with my GPU or motherboard? please help, im super stressed out.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Start here:

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M Steel Legend.pdf

[Do verify that I found the correct User Manual for your motherboard.]

First re-read the User Manual and verify that all of the components you installed are indeed supported and configurable as you intended. Also re-read the applicable user manuals for installed components.

Note: Read all of the fine print and pay attention to any warnings. The Manual will likely refer you to the manufacturer's website for more up-to-date information. Do so.

Second, go through the User Manual "step by step" to ensure that there are no errors of omission or commission in your build.

Third, double check by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what seems tight may not be fully in place. Carefully, unplug and re-plug (unseat and re-seat) each component a few times to ensure that full and firm contact is made.

Fourth, determine if the computer will boot using built in graphics (if supported) - try that.

= = = =

Just as a general observation the PSU 550 wattage seems likely to be a bit low for your build. Is the PSU new, used, reconditioned?

Did you mix and match any cables from other PSUs?

May 5, 2021
Start here:

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M Steel Legend.pdf

[Do verify that I found the correct User Manual for your motherboard.]

First re-read the User Manual and verify that all of the components you installed are indeed supported and configurable as you intended. Also re-read the applicable user manuals for installed components.

Note: Read all of the fine print and pay attention to any warnings. The Manual will likely refer you to the manufacturer's website for more up-to-date information. Do so.

Second, go through the User Manual "step by step" to ensure that there are no errors of omission or commission in your build.

Third, double check by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what seems tight may not be fully in place. Carefully, unplug and re-plug (unseat and re-seat) each component a few times to ensure that full and firm contact is made.

Fourth, determine if the computer will boot using built in graphics (if supported) - try that.

= = = =

Just as a general observation the PSU 550 wattage seems likely to be a bit low for your build. Is the PSU new, used, reconditioned?

Did you mix and match any cables from other PSUs?
Yes, that is the correct manual and I did a thorough reading and searching and determined that all my parts are compatible with the motherboard.

I did reconnect all the wires and made sure everything worked, and my fans still spin (including the cpu fan cooler) and the built in RGB on my motherboard lights up as-well meaning it is indeed getting power.

And lastly, no, I did not mix and match any wires at all, but I am using cable sleeve extenders. The PSU is brand new.