No signal on monitor

Sep 11, 2018
So i recently got parts from a friend to build a new pc since my old pc was really bad and i wanted better performance. I put everything together and the pc wont display. I dont want to think i need a new motherboard, but I've tried pretty much everything. It wont display from any output on my graphics card, but i cant test my integrated graphics since its dvi-d and i dint have the adapter. I used a different psu, but that didnt change anything. I tried my other graphics card, but it still didnt change. I tried a tv instead of my monitor, no change. I tried looking at the motherboard manual, but the answer wasnt there. I even tried taking all the parts out and putting them all back in. Nothing changed. I probably wont find the answer here, either, but i dont know what else to do.

My specs:
Gpu: gt 720
Cpu: intel i5(cant boot my pc to find out more about the specific cpu, probably quad core)
Motherboard: msi h110m pro-d
Ram: Adata ddr4 2400 4gb
Hard drive: western digital wd10eads 1 tb

Sep 11, 2018

I've tried that, but also the motherboard and cpu are both from my friend's old pc, which worked fine. Glad for some help tho

but also the motherboard and cpu are both from my friend's old pc, which worked fine.
Then you don't have to check the cpu.

Now you remove the HDD, then boot the PC to see it can boot/post or not. If it can't, then remove the RAM too, boot it up. If the PC can boot/post without the HDD, then means your HDD may have problem.

Also if the PC can't boot/post without the RAM and HDD, that means either the cpu or MB may have problem.

Sep 11, 2018

So do you mean that the pc displays, or do you mean that it still turns on and fans spin etc. If you mean that then yes my pc still does it, but if you want it to display then no it still doesnt display

Because when you got no display problem, first thing to do you should try to use the onboard iGPU or other GPU.

You need to connect the monitor into the MB dvi-d port, because you try to use the gt 720, and it does not work out. And forget ask what PSU did you have? 1) You need to have a 300W or up PSU. 2) Make sure the PSU +12V rail has 20 Amp output. If the PSU +12V does not has that 20 Amp, and the problem is from the PSU.

Sep 11, 2018

Thank you this is very helpful. i guess it wont hurt to check from the integrated output. I kinda was pushing this off because im 14 and dont have a worker's permit, but if i can get the adapter from dvid to vga then i'll check it out. It can also be that im currently using a 2 prong to 3 prong converter and maybe its not giving enough voltage. It could also be a power cord since the cord is different to the cord that my friend used. Altho im not sure if those last 2 options would even do anything

Sep 11, 2018

Ok ive connected the dvid to a monitor and nothing shows up. Does this mean that the mb is broken? Do i need the screws in?

Sep 11, 2018

Ya i did all of this and nothing worked. Luckily i saw another similar mb not along ago. If i have more problems i moght continue this thread, but only if its related to my post