No signal on Quadro P620

dreid21

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
I have a new build, intended for CAD use with moderate gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
MoBo: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (BIOS ver. A.40, dated 06/20/2018)
RAM: 2x Hyper X Fury 8GB DDR4-2400
(Intended) GPU: Leadtek Quadro P620, with Sapphire Active mDP to DVI adapter
SSD/Boot drive: Kingston UV500 240 GB
HDDs: (harvested from old PC this one is replacing) Seagate 2TB 7200 rpm, Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
PSU: FSP Hydro G 750 80Plus gold

When I test benched this build prior to putting it into the case, I couldn't get a video signal from the Quadro despite the fan on the GPU spinning. So I pulled my old R7 260X from the old PC and used that just to finish the assembly. Well even after installing Windows 10, I still couldn't get a signal from the Quadro whenever I put it in (it's fan always spin at least). But the R7 works fine. My old monitor which I used for the assembly only has a VGA input, and I'm using a VGA to DVI adaptor on the cable. My brother even lent me his old monitor, which has a DVI input (but he left the DVI cable, so I'm still using the same VGA cable), and I'm still not getting a video signal from the Quadro . I don't have access to a monitor that has Display Ports, so I can't test if its the cable, or the adapters (VGA to DVI and active mDP to DVI), or the card itself. Am I missing something here? I'm at wits end and I only have a few more days for the 7 day replacement period ends.

TL, DR: New build, Quadro not sending signal, but its fan spins.

dreid21

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
UPDATE:

My brother sent over the DVI cable that came with the monitor he lent me for testing. And now the build works fine. I think I had one too many adapters (mDP to DVI to VGA) on my old VGA monitor that the signal wasn't getting through at some point. So for now, I'm keeping my brother's old monitor.

TRENDING THREADS