Question "No Signal" out of nowhere ?

shazzh104

Honorable
Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone, in last 3 months i've been having some issues with my pc. The thing is very confusing. Sometimes i get no signal on my monitor in the middle of the game, sometimes i get no signal 5 sec after boot, and sometimes i get it after 5h of pc being on. After i get the "no signal" on my dispay i reset and it stays that way. Sometimes i unplug my Ram Sticks, and move them from pos. 1 - 3 to 2 - 4, and PC boots normally without any crash.

Then sometimes when i get no signal after i switch my rams again, still stays no signal and then i unplug my PSU for few mins and after i plug it back it works "and" sometimes when i do the "RAM" switching part and "PSU" unplug for few mins or sometimes an hour still doesnt work "and the final sometimes" when i somehow boot into my windows i lose my GPU drivers, Windows deletes then replaces then with some windows graphic drivers.

So i am deeply confused of what's goin on with my PC. So i pretty much almost everyday spend 2-3h on my windows boot, after which i pray my gpu drivers are still there so i dont need to reinstall then everyday tho the gpu drivers get deleted, lets say every 2nd or 3rd day of this infinity battle.

When i baypass this "no signal" my pc works perfectly untill i shut it down, and the problems start when i intend to turn it on the next day.

My pc specs arent that great but still
RX580 8gb xfx oc+
fx6300 ( Crap )
ddr3 16gb croshair vengence
psu 700w Raidmax cobra power
HDD 1tb ( crap )
mobo "Asus m5a97 v2" AM3+

I only use this pc to play World of Warcraft on "the lowest settings possible", my pc doesnt get hot at all.
If anyone has any clue, save meeeee

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that there is a loose connection. Possibly just a wire/pin in a cable plug or port.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the signal losses.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can be very helpful.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort.

To help with Event Viewer:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

= = = =

Do you have another known working (no signal losses) monitor and monitor cable? Swap in to determine if the signal loss problem stays with the computer or follows the monitor and/or video cable.,

= = = =

Other things to do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage. Especially all connectors involved.

D

Deleted member 2947362

If you have been removing the RAM with the PC still connect to the mains electric and power is going from PSU to the motherboard you may have damaged one of the following :

Motherboard
CPU
RAM
Or all three

Just because you have turned the PC off doesn't mean there is no power going to the RAM and other parts of the motherboard, you should always disconnect the PC from the mains power before removing the RAM.

shazzh104

Honorable
Jan 24, 2018
If you have been removing the RAM with the PC still connect to the mains electric and power is going from PSU to the motherboard you may have damaged one of the following :

Motherboard
CPU
RAM
Or all three

Just because you have turned the PC off doesn't mean there is no power going to the RAM and other parts of the motherboard, you should always disconnect the PC from the mains power before removing the RAM.
I always unplug psu cable, w8 for few mins since theres still power on mobo, and then i change it.
Mobo and Cpu are pretty old ( 6 years or more ), ram is brand new.

shazzh104

Honorable
Jan 24, 2018
My thought is that there is a loose connection. Possibly just a wire/pin in a cable plug or port.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the signal losses.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can be very helpful.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort.

To help with Event Viewer:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

= = = =

Do you have another known working (no signal losses) monitor and monitor cable? Swap in to determine if the signal loss problem stays with the computer or follows the monitor and/or video cable.,

= = = =

Other things to do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage. Especially all connectors involved.
I forgot to mention that im using Win 10 Home edition, and the wierdest part of all is that my GPU drivers are being deleted after almost every " no singl " error in the last few weeks.

D

Deleted member 2947362

yeah that is odd?
have you tried resetting windows?
are you overclocking?