Jan 27, 2023
So recently I upgraded my RTX 2060 to an RX 6800, however, upon booting up there was no signal to the monitor. The LEDs in the case turn on, the case fans spin, my AIO cooler turns on, and the RAM lights turn on as well. My power supply says it's only pulling 40 watts which is a significant concern. Here's the troubleshooting I've done:
  • Reseated GPU and RAM
  • Plugged in my old GPU
  • Reconnected everything
  • Tested my RX 6800 on an eGPU setup with my laptop (it works perfectly)
  • Disconnected unnecessary components and tested (yielded the same result)
  • Turned on the PC without a GPU and it still did the same thing
Some things to note, the PC doesn't turn off after I power it on no matter how long I hold the power button. The onboard LED does not provide an error LED. The BIOS was updated recently to support the new Ryzen CPU. When I plugged in the new GPU, I did two additional things, plug in a new SATA cable to plug in all my drives because I left one unplugged to support my new AIO cooler, and reapplied thermal paste to my CPU. I currently am getting a replacement for the power supply if something somehow happened. I can provide a picture if needed.
List of components:
ASUS B450-F Gaming Motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800X
XFX SWFT RX 6800 (Previously a Zotac RTX 2060 AMP)
Corsair Vengence Pro 8x2GB 3200Mhz
ASUS ROG Thor 850W PSU

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
So recently I upgraded my RTX 2060 to an RX 6800, however, upon booting up there was no signal to the monitor. The LEDs in the case turn on, the case fans spin, my AIO cooler turns on, and the RAM lights turn on as well. My power supply says it's only pulling 40 watts which is a significant concern. Here's the troubleshooting I've done:
  • Reseated GPU and RAM
  • Plugged in my old GPU
  • Reconnected everything
  • Tested my RX 6800 on an eGPU setup with my laptop (it works perfectly)
  • Disconnected unnecessary components and tested (yielded the same result)
  • Turned on the PC without a GPU and it still did the same thing
Some things to note, the PC doesn't turn off after I power it on no matter how long I hold the power button. The onboard LED does not provide an error LED. The BIOS was updated recently to support the new Ryzen CPU. When I plugged in the new GPU, I did two additional things, plug in a new SATA cable to plug in all my drives because I left one unplugged to support my new AIO cooler, and reapplied thermal paste to my CPU. I currently am getting a replacement for the power supply if something somehow happened. I can provide a picture if needed.
List of components:
ASUS B450-F Gaming Motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800X
XFX SWFT RX 6800 (Previously a Zotac RTX 2060 AMP)
Corsair Vengence Pro 8x2GB 3200Mhz
ASUS ROG Thor 850W PSU

1. Clear CMOS
2. Change the battery on the board.