[SOLVED] No signal to monitor, no power to mouse or keyboard and no start up beeps

Kaiyaq

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
So turned off PC fine a few days ago. Today it started but the screen froze on start up so did a hard power off. After that, there is not signal to the monitor and no start up beeps. No visible power to keyboard, mouse or the hard drive.

I have tried removing the RAM completely, there were no warning beeps.

I tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics but again, no signal to monitor and no beeps.

Not sure where to go from here! Do I need a new PSU or motherboard?

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
So turned off PC fine a few days ago. Today it started but the screen froze on start up so did a hard power off. After that, there is not signal to the monitor and no start up beeps. No visible power to keyboard, mouse or the hard drive.

I have tried removing the RAM completely, there were no warning beeps.

I tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics but again, no signal to monitor and no beeps.

Not sure where to go from here! Do I need a new PSU or motherboard?

A full system spec list would be helpful, but try to clear CMOS, and update BIOS. Also, is it plugged in? It sounds silly but check if your outlet has power. Check connections with cables, and reseat other things like CPU.

Kaiyaq

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz
8GB DDR4
1TB HDD
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
Windows 10 Home 64bit

Yes, it is plugged in. Sorry, should have said the lights and fans turn on.