No signal to monitor, Tried everything.

roklobster315

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I've come to the point where i'll just post here because after constantly going through topics, videos I try everything and it seems to be consistent. this PC was working for 4-5 months until it started to get a no signal error to monitor (everything inside the PC was spinning/on even the graphics card fans) to resolve it all i had to do was restart it and it would boot up no problem. Once its booted no problems whats so ever No freezing, slow downs, blue screens nothing but if I turned it off and tried to turn it on that problem would persist. FF a couple months and now not even restarting it twice would work, so I changed HDMI cables, took out ram put it back in, Cleaned ram, removed a lot of dust from the PC, changed ram from one pair of slots to another, and it would work max for 1 day maybe pushing 2 days where it would restart and have a signal but after it just stops, Then i cleaned cmos (never removed it because I don't get error codes or anything). same thing. Recently I unplugged every cable, removed video card (cleaned it out it had a lot of dust in the heat sink and top plaque) and re installed it in the same slot plug in everything tightly so it would be secure and it worked for 2-3 days but recently stopped again. I'm honestly tired of doing this every time so I just resorted to leaving it on for days. I don't think the parts are damaged since I get no errors or anything once its on. I will note the way I make it work now (i used to make sure everything was secure) is just unplugging the pcie on the graphics and plugging it back in, the graphics seems a bit loose.

Specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD FX-8350
Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)

Graphics
Acer H236HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
3072MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device

Audio
USB Audio Device

Ps: I might take it to someone later in the month, I don't have any money to replace anything atm so im kinda screwed if something is broken.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tried the second pcie slot as well?

The actual speed? Is abit of an odd speed so maybe something isn't set right in the bios as well.maybe even affecting the pcie speed.Look at the front side bus,see if it runs at 200.

roklobster315

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Front side bus? What should i do go in the bios? Also i'll probly try the secound Pcie slot when i have time.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Go into the bios,go to "MIT" in there look at the "CPU Frequency" and see if that's set to 200.

What kind of ram do you have anyway? =maker,model,size ,a modelnr would be great.

If you do the next would that give info too,

Download hwinfo32,
http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html
open it,
click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
click save report at the left top,
in the next window at the bottom check=dot "short text report" after that next,you'll get to see what is in your pc
copy the info about the ram in the next answer. Can look with cpu-z (freeware as well) too,info might be under the "SPD" tab.

roklobster315

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 671 MHz, 9-9-9-24
- 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Kingston KHX1600C10D3/8GX
- 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Kingston KHX1600C10D3/8GX

i'll do the bios thing shortly

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at the ram does it have a higher speed it can run at. When in the bios look in the `MIT` at the `set memory clock`,it will probably be at "auto",Set it to manual,set the "memory clock" to x8.00 to get it working at 1600mhz and set the first four timings (primary) at 10-10-10-30,keep the voltage at 1.5V.

roklobster315

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Well later today ill try getting into the bios again, what information would you need? Btw when i changed the timings the first option only had 1t or 2t i left it at 2t the rest 4 i put them as you said.

roklobster315

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
So i set the ram to 1.5v and everything at 9 9 9 24 because that was what is the recomended setting, like clockwork third day not working. Are you sure it could be the ram, this problem is getting tiring. Ill try your setting again with the higher v but idk if its gonna work at this point.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The ram could be the issue or a symptom,hard to say,but setting it right could say more.

I looked and we didn't discuss the bios yet,as asked which bios are you running? Can usually be found in the first screen of the bios.Also which revision of the motherboard? Can be found on the left bottom corner of the motherboard. Need that info to see if you do have the latest bios.

Did you btw try the other pcie slot? To see if that "loose" gpu has something to do with it. Rereading the thread and haven't seen if you really tested that.

TRENDING THREADS