"No Signal" When DVI Cable Plugged into Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Before reading: Radeon HD 7570, 8GB RAM, i7-2600 3.4GHZ, 585w Orion PSU

I've posted a couple threads asking why my graphics card wasn't working. When connected to the monitor it said "No Signal" and it didn't appear in the device manager. I disabled Intel HD 2000 via the device manager but still nothing, it just switched to onboard crappy graphics or whatever.

Nearly everyone told me a 300w wasn't good enough for my card, so we installed a 585w one. Still nothing. No signal from monitor. Do I need some certain cables for this to work? The main monitor that is connected to the card is an AOC 2251w.

Solution

It seems like you have HP desktop, with proprietary mobo made by pegatron. Don't waste too much time troubleshooting, especially since you seem to be fairly new at this. If I were you, I would simply get a hold of another cheap pci-e graphics card (from friend, another pc, etc) and plug in to see if the problem isn't the mobo. Or vice versa, take your graphic card to plug into another mobo/desktop to see if you get video. If you aren't getting...

goonbar79

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
checking gpu condition is usually quite simple. This one doesn't even seem to need extra power, so simply plugging into pci-e should be sufficient for it to work. Try reseating a couple of times, and try all display ports available, so see if you get display signal. Set BIOs setting for "pci-e as first display device" or usually "auto detect" should work. If it is defective, you will get no video / failure to boot. If it is dead, it will simply use the igpu (HD3000) for video automatically. If you are overclocking anything, reset everything to stock.

The PSU could cause issues, if it is defective, but since you tried two, i don't think that is the problem. Also, 2600K + HD7570 should be very low in power consumption. So unless your PSU is defective, the wattage requirement shouldn't cause video issues.

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Should I try switching the card into another PCI slot? I have 4 total but have only used one for the card over the past few months.

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Should I try switching the card into another PCI slot? I have 4 total but have only used one for the card over the past few months.

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Is this a motherboard? I'm not too good with figuring out which motherboard I have.

Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AD5 1.03

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Could the motherboard be the problem? I don't think it would be if integrated graphics work fine.

goonbar79

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008

It seems like you have HP desktop, with proprietary mobo made by pegatron. Don't waste too much time troubleshooting, especially since you seem to be fairly new at this. If I were you, I would simply get a hold of another cheap pci-e graphics card (from friend, another pc, etc) and plug in to see if the problem isn't the mobo. Or vice versa, take your graphic card to plug into another mobo/desktop to see if you get video. If you aren't getting video with the graphics card, but getting video with integrated gpu, it definitely is a hardware problem, either mobo or graphics card.

try removing cmos battery on mobo to reset bios. sometimes that helps.

Solution

shhkapuppy

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Ugh, this computer is such a pain. Nothing ever works...I think I'll wait to do this with my brother, don't want to damage anything on accident. Thanks for helping me narrow down the problem, everyone kept blaming the PSU but that isn't the big problem here.

Feb 9, 2021

It seems like you have HP desktop, with proprietary mobo made by pegatron. Don't waste too much time troubleshooting, especially since you seem to be fairly new at this. If I were you, I would simply get a hold of another cheap pci-e graphics card (from friend, another pc, etc) and plug in to see if the problem isn't the mobo. Or vice versa, take your graphic card to plug into another mobo/desktop to see if you get video. If you aren't getting video with the graphics card, but getting video with integrated gpu, it definitely is a hardware problem, either mobo or graphics card.

i have the same issue . my onboard graphic works. my old ati hd 4350 works. cmos is helpful. but at this point i got no error beep no more. but it just the 'no signal' issue. maybe this crappy OEM mobo should be replaced with a proper one

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020

Good place to start, especially if the issue might be the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.