Question no singal to screen.

Kyle_nyberg

Honorable
Dec 29, 2015
so a couple months ago i started randomly getting "no signal" on my screen. Since i had a low voltage PSU i thought it was the PSU, i upgraded the PSU to a 650W PSU and when i plugged everything in again i still had no signal on the screen. What do i need to do to fix this problem?
something that might help you guys is that when the RAM is in the GPU fans stop spinning after about 3 seconds, when i remove the ram the gpu fan runs fine.
the lights on the GPU work and the lights on motherboard works too.

Jan 7, 2021
Have you tried a different cable? Perhaps a different input (DVI instead of HDMI). These would be the easiest things to test. The bit about the RAM seems odd unless there is a voltage mismatch between RAM sticks. Try cables and ports first would be my thought.

Kyle_nyberg

Honorable
Dec 29, 2015
Have you tried a different cable? Perhaps a different input (DVI instead of HDMI). These would be the easiest things to test. The bit about the RAM seems odd unless there is a voltage mismatch between RAM sticks. Try cables and ports first would be my thought.
I've tried diffrent cables and DVI instead. nothing i've changed screens too. Something that i need to admit is someone told me that i needed to reset bios by touching some thing on the motherboard and when i did that it came an electric shock. This is probrably the reason why it's not turning on, but the fans still turn on and all lights turn on so i dont really know.
before i go buying a new motherboard i'd rather be sure if it's really the motherboard thats broken

Jan 7, 2021
Ooooooh my. Well do you have a spare card or onboard graphics? Maybe try a different PCIe slot to see if you can narrow it down? You were haveing the issue before the zap though right?

Kyle_nyberg

Honorable
Dec 29, 2015
Ooooooh my. Well do you have a spare card or onboard graphics? Maybe try a different PCIe slot to see if you can narrow it down? You were haveing the issue before the zap though right?
yea i had the issue before, it was randomly before, then it stopped working completly this was before the zap. I'll try with another GPU.
the only thing im worried about is if the motherboard broke will it damage all other componants like the CPU and GPU?