Question No Sleep after Laptop LCD Replacement

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I have an HP Envy laptop that I needed to replace the lcd on. I needed to buy a replacement LCD and the back cover since the damage broke the hinge mounting on the cover. I had to switch over the wifi antennas to the new back cover. The replacement touch screen works fine with 1 exception. When the laptop lid is closed the laptop does not go to sleep. I checked all cables and made sure they were not damaged and all secure. I checked windows and the laptop is set to sleep if the lid is closed. I am thinking there must be a switch somewhere in the laptop screen or cover that is not working. Anyone have suggestions?

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Yes. The lid and screen were bought new from different vendors. I had to attach all the stuff from the old back cover to the new and then use the lcd cables from the old screen on the new screen. HP Envy 15T-ED100. I made sure I got the right parts. Not sure if I messed up a connection but everything else works perfectly.

yossibac

Commendable
Dec 2, 2021
Not sure if this will apply to your laptop
I have an Acer laptop that has a magnet on to the screen, and that is what sends the laptop to sleep.
If I put an external magnet to the left top side of the keyboard, it sends the laptop to sleep also.

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Not sure if this will apply to your laptop
I have an Acer laptop that has a magnet on to the screen, and that is what sends the laptop to sleep.
If I put an external magnet to the left top side of the keyboard, it sends the laptop to sleep also.

Yep. I found this out on several laptops when I had a magnetic apple watch band. I'll test this with a magnet to see if I can get to sleep mode. Thanks!!!