No Sound from PC

stuck_limo

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Hey guys, I am really hoping someone can help me out here:

The other day I was online and my audio went out on my PC on my browser. I'm using:

Mozilla, Chrome, Internet Explorer (all updated)

Problems I have on all browsers (all these have occurred regularly): zero sound, delayed sound start with videos, audio drop outs

Problems I have with VLC and other media players for ISO and .mkv files: ^ same as above

Problems with Spotify - audio will not play when selecting songs. Soundcloud too - audio won't load.

All of my browser sound is 100%. All of my application sounds are up 100%. I have reinstalled (from scratch) Windows 10 and the issue came back. I have messed with all audio settings on various media players to no avail.

The first time it happened I did set my computer back which fixed all issues temporarily. The computer must have updated again and the same issues started.

Another weird thing - my media players delay and lag running these movie files sometimes now. I am running a SSD, overclocked Intel i7 processor (watercooled) with 8 gigs of ram.

I have updated Flash. I have updated all browsers. I have reset all settings on Flash. I have reset all settings on VLC and other media players.

Nothing works. I am running sound from my PC to my Nuforce u-DAC 3. I tried removing the DAC and still I received no sound from my computer. It doesn't seem be affecting the system sounds - just any audio played from the internet or hard drive. Videos run fine as well online, most of the time.

My drivers all seem to be up to date, including my graphics card. I am running NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650.

Any help ANYONE can give me would be great. I have Windows 10 on my laptop and none of this is occuring - just my on my desktop.

Relevant? information below:

Machine name: DESKTOP-HUNG2V1
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151029-1700)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/24/12 09:41:43 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Solution
Hello stuck_limo

If the issue is recent, you can try Restoring Your Computer to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when you know your PC worked fine would be the easiest way to eliminate the problem.

For additional researches, you can try a few things:

> Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray.

> Go to Playback devices.

> Click to select the output device your PC has.

> Click Properties from the bottom.

> Go to the Advanced tab on the opened box.

> Check the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device checkbox and click OK.

> Check if the issue is resolved. If not, try unchecking the above mentioned checkbox and then try again.

If the above method doesn't...
Hello stuck_limo

If the issue is recent, you can try Restoring Your Computer to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when you know your PC worked fine would be the easiest way to eliminate the problem.

For additional researches, you can try a few things:

> Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray.

> Go to Playback devices.

> Click to select the output device your PC has.

> Click Properties from the bottom.

> Go to the Advanced tab on the opened box.

> Check the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device checkbox and click OK.

> Check if the issue is resolved. If not, try unchecking the above mentioned checkbox and then try again.

If the above method doesn't work, try removing the updated version of the audio driver, installing its lower version, and then see if this resolves the issue.

Feel free to report back if any further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution