Question No sound from rear speakers with SoundBlaster Z 5.1

Oct 6, 2021
While trying to fix another sound problem I might have messed something up and now I have no sound coming out the rear speakers. Only front L/R, "center" and subwoofer.

I have Windows 10 with a Sound Blaster Z.

It isn't a problem with speakers being plugged in the wrong place as those connections haven't been touched in years.

I tried reinstalling the drivers and software from Creative to no effect. I have also lost the 7.1 option in the drop-down in the SB software. I don't actually have a 7.1 speaker setup but I use Razer's 7.1 simulation to give a fuller sound.

Can anyone help me get my proper sound back? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? Mind sharing a link to the model of the SoundBlaster Z you have? Try and uninstall the drivers from Device Manager and then manually reinstall the drivers meant for your card in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Might want to also mention the make and model of your speaker system and a picture to show how they're tethered to the sound card's output ports.

Oct 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? Mind sharing a link to the model of the SoundBlaster Z you have? Try and uninstall the drivers from Device Manager and then manually reinstall the drivers meant for your card in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Might want to also mention the make and model of your speaker system and a picture to show how they're tethered to the sound card's output ports.
Thanks!

Windows version is 21H1. OS Build 19043.1237. I always install updates when they are ready.

The card is a Sound Blaster Zx (SB1506).

The speakers are some old Boston ones from a previous PC. I have just been migrating them to newer machines because they still work fine and sound great.