Question No Sound

Dec 4, 2022
I recently bought an Asus VG249Q1A gaming monitor with built-in speakers.

The built-in speakers of my monitor work perfectly when I connect my computer to any of the input ports (HDMI 1, HDMI 2 or DisplayPort)

I want to use my monitor to watch TV so I got a TV-box (MPEG4 decoder) and connected it to the HDMI ports( both of them ) of my Asus monitor.
I am able to watch TV but there is no sound whatsoever.

The speakers of my Asus monitor are set to maximum volume, the mute is set to off and i also tried to reset all settings of the monitor.

When i connect the tv box to a TV or to one smaller old BenQ monitor, the sound works fine , so i cannot blame the tv box or some of its settings

I also tried to disconnect the display port cable from PC to Asus monitor, so that only the HDMI from the STB is connected to the monitor .

still no Sound😕

Since I am able to get sound from the built-in speakers of my Asus monitor when I connect it to my computer via HDMI, why don't I have sound when I connect my TV-box?
Your help will be much appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Got a link to the TV in a box ?

why don't I have sound when I connect my TV-box?
I had a similar issue with my brother-in-law's gaming build(link in my sig space) when trying to work off the iGPU(since the discrete GPU didn't come through) and the panel was from Asus as well. We had to drop in his passive cooler 8600GS just to get display out from the build, in spite of the panel working on my own discrete GPU and onboard. I would chalk the issue to a compatibility issue, considering that the box works on your TV and on another panel.